PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

France

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

France

Post by Paul Arden »

Just back up the lake and when I read Lars' FP I knew something terrible has happened in France. My thoughts go to all those affected by this appalling atrocity.

With the Russian plane last week, Turkey and now this, I think we can say that our lives will now be very different. I suppose that we should feel lucky to have had so many years of terrorist and war-free peace in most of Europe for much of our lives. I realise that not everyone has been so lucky.

I'm not a religious man and I don't believe in God. I once believed in Santa Claus until my mother told me it was her all along. The problem is these fuckers absolutely believe in God and that in dying by killing us they get a better afterlife.

There's no solution to it. They're not going to change their minds. The only solution is to kill every last one of them.

I hope no one here has been directly affected by any of these attacks.

Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
alex vulev
Answers: 0

France

Post by alex vulev »

After Charlie Hebdo i was thinking that the next hit will be the The Tour de France in July, because its very French , fortunately all went well, but not this time.
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
GEM Skues,The Way Of A Trout With A Fly
Paul Arden
Site Admin

France

Post by Paul Arden »

Where the hell did they get machine guns?

Flycasting Definitions
alex vulev

France

Post by alex vulev »

AK 47 is a very reliable Soviet made weapon, i was trained to use it for 27 months in the Bulgarian army. Obviously after the collapse of the Soviet Empire things are out of control and Ak 47 is easily obtainable elsewhere, some of the stuff was made here in BG. I remember as a freshman in Sofia University when my philosophy professor told us in a lecture from 1991 that the next huge challenge for the free world after the fall of communism will be the islamic fundamentalism. Was he right?
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
Merlin

France

Post by Merlin »

At this time 128 dead, some 80 severely injured and 300 others that will survive with a big trauma. Something like the crash of a plane. Firtunately they missed a target, the people attending a football match, they commited suicide outside the stadium.

There was some magazine on TV a few days ago, telling that an AK 47 can be found for 600 €. This is frequently used over here by gangsters to solve their own problems (eliminating competitors).

In which world are we living? The enemy is inside the country, not abroad.

Merlin
Fly rods are like women, they won't play if they're maltreated
Charles Ritz, A Flyfisher's Life
Paul Arden
Site Admin

France

Post by Paul Arden »

One of my sister's friends killed :(

I'm absolutely sure he's right, Alex. And unfortunately I don't see this problem being resolved in our lifetimes.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

France

Post by Viking Lars »

The world has definitely changed since 9/11, and the events in Paris are absolutely horrible (and I cannot help but think about the fact that I brought my family there during Easter earlier this year - and we stayed in a hotel not far from Stade de France).

I fear the consequences of this attack on a foreign political level - I have a hard time imagining that this can lead to anything but war...

And let's not forget the people in the Middle East for whom this is almost a daily occurence. As late as the day before yesterday, there was a major suicide bomb attack in Lebanon, killing over 40 people.

Lars
alex vulev

France

Post by alex vulev »

Merlin wrote:At this time 128 dead, some 80 severely injured and 300 others that will survive with a big trauma. Something like the crash of a plane. Firtunately they missed a target, the people attending a football match, they commited suicide outside the stadium.

There was some magazine on TV a few days ago, telling that an AK 47 can be found for 600 €. This is frequently used over here by gangsters to solve their own problems (eliminating competitors).

In which world are we living? The enemy is inside the country, not abroad.

Merlin
no, crashing a plane is a more common occurrence nowadays, bombing Paris is a more spectacular matter, but with cretins like Hollande and Merkel in charge it could be even worse. She is the worst type - a daughter of an eastern Germany priest with head full of empty abstract humanism of the same sort like the sons of the Russian 19th century priests who fueled the later nightmares of the bolshevik revolution.

page 193,
alex vulev

France

Post by alex vulev »

Paul Arden wrote:
I'm absolutely sure he's right, Alex. And unfortunately I don't see this problem being resolved in our lifetimes.
its because people who could live with no religion on earth are a minority, the majority feel the need of some religion and this is causing a conflict.

page 193,
Paul Arden
Site Admin

France

Post by Paul Arden »

There is no possible negotiating with someone who absolutely believes that in dying by killing you, that he somehow serves God. All of us, including other Muslims who do not believe in this strict faith, are their targets. It won't finish until every last one of them who holds this imaginary idea is dead - or us of course. That's the fact. The unfortunate thing is that we will lose our freedoms in this fight in order to regain them. And it will take a very long time.

Like many others here, I grew up with terrorism. As a child I was in the street next to Harrods when that was bombed. But this is a different sort of terrorism. While these people might possibly fear death, they also actively seek it.

Religion is a load of bollocks. We've had Catholics vs Protestants, Muslim vs Jews and now Extreme Muslim vs everyone else. I'd rather believe in an imaginary fish than an imaginary God. The problem with "belief" is that people will always find what they are looking for. We're an unusual species that is no doubt ultimately destined to fail, like every other species before us. The one miraculous asset we have is the ability to think abstractly, but that's also our curse.

If they blow me up they'll be in for a surprise when they get to Heaven. God will say, "Sorry there are no virgins left, Paul got here first. Damn he's fast."

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”