PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Facebook

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

I think I’m more of an expert on Elephants than you are, Lasse. And they don’t remeber exact dates. 4-5 years would exactly how an elephant would remember it.

Excellent memories in general - but not anally precise.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

This elephant smelled my socks 3 years ago - and I’m sure he remembers it, but he doesn’t know the precise date.
Attachments
0913EDAE-E393-497F-AC1C-BCE3F3D2A2CF.jpeg

Flycasting Definitions
VGB
Answers: 0

Facebook

Post by VGB »

He wouldn’t need to remember the date, it would be written on his headstone
Casting instruction - making simple things complicated since 1765

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s BS Vince we have a number of “Board communities”. Histories of the Board connected through SL. Fantastic. But now they are posting on FB. Within themselves. With their “superior knowledge”. Oh yeah, I’ve been reading that God shit. In those little communities yes they are the god. But where is the learning now? And who are they teaching? Their 5000 fish and bread sandwich converts?

I haven’t stopped learning.

The day I do, is the day I die. Maybe they think they know it all. I most certinainly don’t and never will.

Get with Google with their conversations and think a little bit bigger. Where are their conversations 50 years from now? What about next week even? Never shared! Never read.

Knowledge forever! That’s a better goal...

My Isuzu Triooer had running problems. I googled it. I get linked directly to the boards. I read that I have to cut a hole in my rear floor - FFS - and fix the pipes. This I did. This was the easy way and cost me some metal epoxy, sandpaper and some axle/grinder grind dust. Now my Trooper starts and runs perfectly

Boards are the present and the future of sharing information on the Internet.

I can’t say where FB will be in 20 years time but I can promise you that this Board will go foreverr. I will find a way of making this information accessible to everyone beyond my death - let’s not get too morbid here - but possibky in 60 years time (or less If I get eaten by a Mugwai).

We are writing accessible history here. In the end this is what really counts... Making our voice heard.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Facebook

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Your socks keep mugwai away man!
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Stoatstail50

Facebook

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Have you been drinking palinka again Paul ?
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

No I’ve been thinking about it for a long time. Experimenting with posts on FB, personal and Sexyloops pages, to figure out their algorithms. And seeing how often old content resurfaces. It’s an enormous waste of personal time designed to gather as much information about you that they can so they can sell highly specific adverts. And most of it is drivel.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Facebook

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi
Im with Paul on this one.
Every single personal succes either with a fish or casting I used to put on Sexyloops.
Then I noticed that a lot of people talk on FB, and get exited about things on FB, so I start to put my shit on FB.
I have few likes, comment or two, but then its all over and it sinks to the depth of the ocean- dark and cold, and forgoten...
I did it on FB as I new more people that could be intrested of what I do, but again after a week or two nobody gives a shit.
Sexyloops is my home, all my fly fishing/casting is around Sexyloops, and I am fucking proud to be part of it,and to walk around and explain what the logo on my hat or tshirt means( I dont walk around with FB logo on me).
Yes,I still post thing or two on FB, just to see the positive( or any) reaction from people I've marked as friends, I do that as I dont see them on Sexyloops( i hope it will change).
Some might be afriad of the discussions here( so was I), but now I am on of the best fucking distance casters in the World- Loved the WC.
Im back to the board Paul...
cheers
mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

I ran quite a few experiments Mike. There are approx 5000 friends on my FB account and 5000 on Sexyloops FB. I used to run similar photos on both. Let’s say 200 people like a photo. I reckon that’s close to the number of people who actually see it - but maybe it’s half - I don’t know. If I get 200 likes on my account the same photo gets less than 10 on Sexyloops FB. It’s just not visible and to make it visible you have to pay. It’s not about content. It’s about money.

You can’t have a proper thought out discussion because the medium just doesn’t lend itself to long posts with attached files. And if you do then it’s lost forever. You think it has reach because it’s so big but actually your personal reach is small. As I say I fixed the Trooper using discussion Boards (twice now. The other fix was to jam the engine rebreathers with a broken screwdriver). I have no idea how many hundreds of pounds that saved me and I fixed it virtually for free. Google took me there. It didn’t take me to FB... and the discussions were ten years old.

This Board still gets 18,000 Unique visitors every month. That’s not just us posting but people looking for info. That’s why I need to get the old archived Board running again. What I would like to do is make an App for the Board so that it tells you when there’s a new post.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Facebook

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Cool, I have an idea. I will post it in GET INVOLVED thread
cheers
mike

Return to “Announcements”