PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Facebook

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

Facebook killed this discussion board but not quite because blooded and breathing we are still alive. From now on this is where I post; visible to everyone.

FB seems like a very nice man but also a bit of a Mr Clean. I don’t hold that against anyone but that’s not how I grew up. I’ve been in the punching ring of what’s right and wrong many times. I’ve been licked a few times too.

Repost our shit - please do -compromise the spider web of social media - from now on we generate the hub content. Let them come to us.

‘Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Wet
Answers: 0

Facebook

Post by Wet »

I agree Paul, facebook doesn't allow too much time for thought and reflection either... post a quick reply before its dropped from your feed or miss a future chance of seeing what others say :???:

"copy and paste this in a new post, don't hit share..." :p
Cheers,
Andrew Connell
Graeme H

Facebook

Post by Graeme H »

Yeah, Facebook is the Golden Arches of the internet. Looks appealing to begin with but ultimately, not intellectually nutritious. Content is not easily searchable and "expires" too soon.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
ACW

Facebook

Post by ACW »

Whats facebook????????????????
elderly luddite here! :p
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

It gives you the idea that it’s a public conversation when in fact it’s a sanitised conversation. Anyway I’ve learnt. Now let’s get this board rolling again.

Thanks, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

Have just deleted the Reuters app too. When I was in the jungle I promised myself not to read the news. Come out and I’m spending 2-3hrs of my day reading the same shit. Some crazy fucker with orange hair, wars all over the place, fucking Brexit. And what’s the point? There is nothing I can do about any of it. Does it make me a better fisherman or person? We are apes from the jungle. We don’t need to be bombarded with shit every single day of our lives.

These guys are nuts. Living some soap opera on “the news”. Fuck off and go fishing, that’s what I say. Sort your shit out. And with a hairstyle like that there are razors available.

Now I am back Lasse! And fuck you :p :p

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

“Guess what I had for fucking breakfast?” Swivel on this Facebook. :middle-finger-emoticon-required:

Coffee and a dose of unadulterated life. It’s time to wake up before we all become sanitised.

Cheers,
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

Facebook

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote:

Now I am back Lasse! And fuck you :p :p

Cheers, Paul
Well fuck you too my friend :D
And no you're not ;)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

Oh yes I am!!! No more interference. I don’t think I’ve said the word “fuck” once on FS. Like living in a church pretending to be grandma. Well grandma says “fuck the pope!” She was always a smooth talker. :cool:

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Mangrove Cuckoo

Facebook

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

I have never done Facebook, but I have almost given in lately. Many of the discussion groups for (local) topics I am interested in seem to be waning. And it appears the info is now being shared on FB.

That doesn’t seem right to me. The stuff I’m into tends to be somewhat niche, but from what I can tell, FB is just the opposite.

I once started on something called “Linked-in” because the Florida FFF instructors were doing it. I quickly regretted it. Now, it is worse than a snot booger that you can’t flick off your finger no matter how hard you try! People keep sending me requests to add them to my Linked-in something or other. I send them a personal email and explain I don’t do Linked-in and if they know how to get out, please let me know. It appears you can’t check out.

So… I have some questions…

If SL is 20 years old, how old is the new board? I’m just curious how long I have been hanging around. I know I was reading the old board for a few years when it morphed.

Question#2: is the term “campfire” a code like “seal fur”… just bigger?

I’m trying to figure out what has happened to Paul’s mind lately. A campfire of seal fur could explain it. Lucky dog!
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”

Return to “Announcements”