PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Facebook

Moderator: Paul Arden

piffilus
Answers: 0

Facebook

Post by piffilus »

There are quite a few Boards in the Tapatalk App. I don't know if that is the best app for this Board, just wanted to let you know it's out there if you don't want to build your own app.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

I think the later version of this Board supports tapatalk. Will check soon! :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
ACW

Facebook

Post by ACW »

Tapatalk ,would be good I use it for a couple of fishing and gardening forums.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

What’s the chat like on gardening forums? :)

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Facebook

Post by Graeme H »

There's lots of talk about stiff rakes versus soft rakes ("Which type tracks better?"), which fly rods make the best tomato stakes and discussions about whether Air-Flo lines are even useful as vine trellises.

:pirate:

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Lasse Karlsson

Facebook

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

_20181001_163250.JPG
Hot tomato stick :p

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
daniel

Facebook

Post by daniel »

Is that a cane rod next to it?
ACW

Facebook

Post by ACW »

I am in a long term conversation about care for my bare root fruit trees ,that i planted last november .many conversations re cold and hot composting with vermicasting( thought that might get your attention ) being a favorite for small flat dwellers.
Me i have 3 big compost bins on the go ,caring for the planet using food waste from several housholds.
Many other topics like harvesting garlic,what are you eating from your garden today 9 iam eating the last of the tomatoes ,at the weeken will be eating my beet root,folowed by some green beans next week (no Paul I no longer do bean trenches with freezer burnt trout ,because I am nearly 100% C&R).
Gilgamesh

Facebook

Post by Gilgamesh »

Paul Arden wrote: The day I do, is the day I die. Maybe they think they know it all. I most certinainly don’t and never will.

Get with Google with their conversations and think a little bit bigger. Where are their conversations 50 years from now? What about next week even? Never shared! Never read.
Don't knock Facebook completely.

The only reason I managed to keep up with Sexyloops a bit was FB, and the same can be said for many friends and family.

Many of the bad things are true, but don't forget that life has changed dramatically, it keeps speeding up and we are communicating in different ways.
Quite frankly I get pissed off at people that proclaim they "don't live on facebook" and expect you to know WFT is going on with them while there is no other form of communication.

I stopped visiting the Board simply because it was a sad reminder of not fishing anymore, AND most corporate web filters don't like the site....

That said......
I can't find the video, but these guys https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeUNM9 ... RNeuW4_2sg made a video about the demise of the internet thanks to social media that was very interesting....
It's a gun-related channel and they like many others came a bad second during the YT addpocalypse. They choose to demonetize and kept going.

The point they made is a very few years ago everybody and his brother had a website.....all these millions of sources of information.
Many of these, and new ones opt for Facebook......so no more new websites.

I did the same.......

I simply don't see Facebook as a feasible replacement for forums like this, but sadly FB has claimed the life of a few....

I treasure the Internet as an endless FREE source of information......
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

Hopefully something else will come along and replace FB. Something that doesn’t operate with targeted advertising revenue based on your preferences, messages and posts. They even sell your private messages FFS.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”