PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Scottish Gathering Photos and Shootout Results

Moderator: Paul Arden

Magnus

Post by Magnus » Wed May 15, 2013 4:04 pm

Best food on a fishing trip
1 - Scalloway Hotel - awesome food!
2 - Desroches - excellent!
3 - Holne Chase Hotel - best lamb I've ever tasted
"Actually I can't because you are right! " Paul Arden 8/6/2019

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski » Wed May 15, 2013 4:12 pm

Hi Paul
Do know more less what would be the location in Spain.
Would it be in the middle of nowhere, or close range to some town /city.
Im asking as I might take my wife and kid,so she wont complain that Im traweling and she is changing nappies.
If its close to some activties,we cand do shootouts and demos and she can go shopping that would help
cheers
mike

James9118

Post by James9118 » Wed May 15, 2013 5:50 pm

Magnus wrote: 2 - Fried fish heads - Bahamas...!
I've also been served that in the Bahamas :D .

On Saturday night I saw people in the bar being served pizza - it actually looked pretty good (then again anything would after what we ate). Perhaps that would have been a better option for him.

petevicar

Post by petevicar » Wed May 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Best food I have had on fishing trips:

Laxa in Kjos -Iceland
Nordurau - Iceland
Posada Aquarela - Los Roques
Mangrove Key Club - Andros

The worst:
Cuba it's all crap.
IANACI

Hamish

Post by Hamish » Thu May 16, 2013 8:51 am

Ben_d wrote: Hi all, I'm actually quite embarrassed about the quality of food and service this year. Yes it was cheap but, honestly, it was so bad he should have paid us to eat there.
Dude..... how do you think I felt about it all?! Beyond embarrassing me old chum, it was a feckin disgrace :pirate:
When you consider how much effort you put in to effectively sorting his business out for him each year it's been held at Strathdon it must grind your gears a bit too.
Ben_d wrote: Next year will defintely be different, as the proprietor said, he doesn't want our business next year. That's fine with me :whistle:
Yes, he can go do something he'll probably enjoy.

H :p

In Verbo Tuo Laxabo Rete

cameroia

Post by cameroia » Thu May 16, 2013 4:00 pm

Paul Arden wrote: Here are the competition results. Well done everyone, the casting was outstanding and a great deal of fun :cool:
Awesome, I got a 12th place... result! Although four straight last places/14ths would be more appropriate.
In my defence, I only own 4 & 5 weights so 8 wts and 12wts are alien to me... and I'm not very good... :-)

very enjoyable afternoon meeting some new people, and I'm very very glad I missed the hotel food by all acounts.

cheers
iain

Ben_d

Post by Ben_d » Fri May 17, 2013 2:07 pm

Pleased you could make it Iain, go buy a 12wt it saves having to have a gym membership.

Apparently there was nothing wrong with the hotel food according to Trip Advisor response and apparently we didn't complain?! I can assure everyone that I did complain after the "stir fry" (and lack of agreed second choice that night). And, if anyone is interested, I could post up the booking sheet sent to the hotel showing exact numbers for all meals from Friday through Sunday and email agreement from the Hotel :evil:

I'm a little bit pissed about it all, shame as I've tried my hardest to support them and always try to keep things "local" when doing business wherever possible. My last on this as everytime I think about it I can feel my blood pressure rising.

Will get some pics up in the next day or two.

Cheers

Ben

Stoatstail50

Post by Stoatstail50 » Fri May 17, 2013 2:30 pm

I definitely complained about the antique cannonball breadbuns...and the broken bed leg, they changed both. They could have used the breadbuns to prop up the bed because they were certainly hard enough but they used books instead, presumably books they hadn't stewed to make the pie filling.

Still, no-one got food poisoning and they didn't run out of real beer this year which is a major step forwards IMO.
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden » Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 pm

I think Marc and Mike got ill from the fish. Of course it was cod so they shouldn't have eaten it anyway.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Marc Fauvet

Post by Marc Fauvet » Sat May 18, 2013 10:11 am

:sick:

-casting a rainbow-
Attachments
944264_4863291744494_423013396_n.jpg

Return to “Announcements”