PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Air Sculpting

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Air Sculpting

Post by Paul Arden »

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/air-sculpting

Fantastic FP from Andy today. Quite a few Zappa fans here I’m sure :D Lars? :cool:

Made me think about my evening entertainments of casting the lumiline around in the dark!! Pink Floyd is actually my most frequent background music - “Sheep” is a good one!!!

I don’t know who else does this, if anyone? But throwing loops around to music is greatly entertaining and I’m sure has made me a much “funkier” caster.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars
Answers: 0

Re: Air Sculpting

Post by Viking Lars »

I quite often listen to music when practicing - anything from Stravinskij to progressive heavy metal :-).
And as Paul knows very well, I'm a HUGE Zappa fan and I have been for 30 years. I very nearly went to Germany to attend the premiere of "The Yellow Shark" in my middle high school year, but I couldn't afford it, and that was my one chance ever to see him live...

I can't say I regret not going, but I'm certainly sad I missed the opportunity.

Lars
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

Not normally, but occasionally... I particularly like casting to ‘At The River by Groove Armada’... sun setting and having had a glass or 2 of vino or some green.... not sure how much it helps develop my actual casting technique, but it is very relaxing and feels hypnotic :D
Mangrove Cuckoo

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

Lars,

On the flip side...

One day while driving home from work, I heard on the radio that Zappa was in concert locally... that night! How did I not know that?

I called everyone I could think of to join me, but no one wanted to go. So I went myself, got a ticket at the door, and ended up in the front row!

A few years later the great man had passed away. I literally caught my last chance to see him, just by chance.
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Mangrove Cuckoo

Post by Mangrove Cuckoo »

Boisker,

Be careful with that green, and especially do not mix it with noise cancelling headphones and something spacey like KIng Crimson!

Some A-hole threw down a challenge for left handed accuracy at distance... so I spent an entire session working on LH distance with the above combo.

My left forearm tendons are now so lit up I can't even unscrew a beer bottle without gritting my teeth!
With appreciation and apologies to Ray Charles…

“If it wasn’t for AI, we wouldn’t have no I at all.”
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

I love Crimson, but I don't think I could cast to it :-).

Lars
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

:D :D

If you’re going into the green zone then you really do need a lumiline :laugh:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”