PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Marketing

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Marketing

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

ennio wrote:
Lasse Karlsson wrote:And I disagree, it doesn't have to cross twice, I've moved further since then :cool:
Fuck! Is it three times now? :D

Andrew

None or Four! And remember this is SL, there is no 4!

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Lasse Karlsson

Marketing

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote:Ok 13 years! I remember the email; I was with the first German girl and still had hair - that dates it! Incidentally - girls, hair and fish are my methods of dating events with any accuracy :p

However, yes, things have moved on considerably from then - noticeably about 3 years ago with Alejandro's wave equations.

What about the examiner being the boss thing? That's terrible advice, especially to Master candidates. And that's right through the forum now; "be a puppy". Knock 'em over, that's what I say! Better to fail being right than pass kissing butt cheeks.

An instructor puts himself on the line every time he teaches - and so has to have balls. Show me your balls!!

You coming to Germany? It will be good to catch up :cool:

Cheers, Paul
More like 12, but who's counting :p

I agree, it's an exam, the candidate should show they know this, it's not up to the examiner to be "the Boss" but to grade the outcome ie. pass or fail, and a candidate being confident in knowledge and apperance is not a bad thing....

Btw. I haven't failed anyone for being right so far...

Germany, yup, and you can't compete!

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Marketing

Post by Paul Arden »

I think I can compete just not win the prize. Fuck I hope so :cool:

The examiner should never be boss. Any examiner who thinks they are boss should be thrown out. Fixing examiner knowledge is the absolute key IMO. I couldn't do it in AAPGAI; too much resistance. I think it can happen in the FFF - actually I think it will. I'm much more aligned to them than they think.

They just have very slow wheels.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Bernd Ziesche

Marketing

Post by Bernd Ziesche »

Hi Paul,
I think everyone may found his/her own organisation and then set up a standard for each certification level.
The examiners should test the candidate to have reached the standard for the level, no more then just that!
Anything else can't be fairplay because candidates have prepaired for the standard usually. And that's fair, isn't it?
The standard may or may not include to take over the exam and lead it by the candidate. As far as I know it, this is not a must within the IFFF. Up to them to decide how it should be...

Advertising the certified instructors?

"We have 80% candidates never wanting to teach fly casting but achieving a badge "I am a proper fly caster", please book a lesson with those having managed to indeed perform proper fly casting at one point and in addition have known at least something about teaching, too."
Well, depending on the organisation the teaching part may come pretty small though.

All organisations call it an INSTRUCTOR cert., but certify those who are after the badge in a pretty different view anyway. To me this is no basement for a serious advertisement.

I think it's much better to leave the advertisement to those who really want to teach. Because those will do advertisement on their own and that proves WILL. I think WILL to teach and to improve mostly.
Good Will Hunting is not what works here, I think. :cool:
Cheers
Bernd
http://www.first-cast.de
The first cast is always the best cast.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Marketing

Post by Paul Arden »

Yep, I agree with all that. Good post Bernd. :cool:

Cheers, Paul