PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

MCI test questions

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

MCI test questions

Post by Paul Arden »

To turn this around a bit maybe. In the best exams I've seen relatively few questions need to be asked. It's the borderline candidates that require probing questions.

That's the same for both tests actually.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
windknotz88
Answers: 0

MCI test questions

Post by windknotz88 »

That is very interesting.
MCI Cleveland TN. Lee University Anglers.
Lasse Karlsson

MCI test questions

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Given that Paul's test took like 8 hours, we now know why ;)

I can't confirm Paul's findings though. Having had the privilege of being part of around 50 MCI tests so far, it differs. The easiest ones have been mostly like a conversation, where it's just flowing, the hardest have been the ones where one needs to probe since answers don't come easily, and questions might have to be refrased to get and answer. Now alot of the tests have been done in different languages, and some with interpreter, so some of it can easily be chalked up to misunderstandings in wording, so I wouldn't claim that the ones with most questions have all been borderlines.

I'll dig out some actual questions tonight Brian.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Massew

MCI test questions

Post by Massew »

Hi Windknotz88,

I am basically in the same situation as you, with the exception that I haven't signed up for the test yet. I sort of plan to do it next year but nothing is decided. Anyway, I have from time to time shared your frustration. Seemingly there is no end to the scope of knowledge you need. At other times I feel more relaxed.

Something that calms me down is to think of the test as a class, albeit with very inquisitive students. In a way it is just that, a fly casting lesson. Of course there is more to it but if you feel confident while teaching you should be fine I think. Well, as long as you have the answers for a great deal of questions, and a depth in knowledge.

I think you will do great anyway.

Cheers, Massew
IFFF CCI
"The motives of fishermen are dreadfully obscure" - David Eddings
easterncaster

MCI test questions

Post by easterncaster »

windknotz88 wrote:All master instructors ( of any legitimate governing body) in the Sexy loops community:

I've set a testing date for the MCI exam in the spring. I've pounded the representative test questions ad nauseum. I'm looking for test questions that you might ask candidates. I'm looking for curve balls. Any series of questions you could ask me would help me so much in constructing my study guide.
How about Lou's post?

http://www.sexyloops.co.uk/theboard/vie ... 007#p33007

Return to “Teaching”