PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Full day casting presentation

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Michal Duzynski
Answers: 0

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi
  Im planing to do full time casting presentation in Poland.
 Beginers and intermedium casters have not much help from certified instructors in the country, unless you pay full price.
   Im once in couple years in Poland, and I want to do free, open event for all interested.
  Here what I have in mind
- 9am start and introduction ( not everybody knows me)
 - 9.30am intruduction to thw plan of the day
- 10.00am a bit about the fly tackle and  description of loops ( good ones and bad ones). what to do in order to achive good ones and what not to do in order to avoid bad ones.

It supose to be open and interactive presentation, so the times here are mainly a guide line. Might happen that somebody will ask something regarding the last point of the presentation, then I will answer and then back on track.

-13.00 lunch break, and some questions while sipping a nice cold beer
 -14.30 Heavy flies and sink tips
-15.30 Presentation casts
-17.00 1h break
-18.30 Roll cast and single handed spey and uses of it
- 19.30-20.00
   Top of the show- Distance fly casting.

Im thinking to get the CI & MCI practice tests as guidelines.

What do you think?
 Cheers
mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Mike,

One of the challenges is mixing casters of different abilities. Probably not enough time to do Speys as well and I would have a section on just the double haul. Nowadays I start by throwing at targets to check good form and back casts. If they are self taught it is rare to find closed stance.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Hi Paul
I reckon it will depends on a number of attending people. If the group is 50+ I will keep it as pure presentation only. I will answer questions during the presentation, but I dont want it to be a lesson for let's say 3 groups of 15- I wont make it.
What I have in mind as a presentation is to give an idea to the people.
1) attending beginers- might focus on basics and realise that $1000 rod wont do everything, and they will plan a propper lessen with an instructor in the future.
2)There might be a lot of non english speaking casters, who dont get the point of you tube videos just by watching the actions- understanding explanation will be a big factor and eye opener.
3) intermedium/advanced casters might only need 1 or 2 points of a presentation in order to tune their casting.

For example I will explain and demonstrate dbl haul and all the keys of it ( proper timing, long, short...), but I wont get around 50 guys to see if they got it by showing me.

This is how I see it.

cheers
mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Ok that’s different! I don’t have much experience with that. With those sorts of numbers I tend to get a slot or two with other instructors doing the same. Pity you can’t do five days of ten anglers paying to be there!

I have just around 10 presentations that last 30 minutes each.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

The whole idea came after my youtube videos in polish language.
I have not been in Poland for 6years, and during that time I went through some shocking posts on polish forums.
Non of the certified ( there is few in Poland) have ever wrote anything to guide people from a dark alley.
I made couple of videos( well recived) in polish, and now I want to spend a day i demonstrating it. 1 day out of 10 I will be in Poland. Full day on with campfire, polish vodka and some polish sasuage :pirate:

The reason I want it to be open and free is, that I havent teach for long time, or dud a presentation, and if I charge for it, and the presentation might not be as expected- they would eat me alive. Some ofcthem will travel up to 8h to attend.
If the presentation us a succses, I might put my name back in polish fly fishing pages and next time might be for a fee..

cheers
mike
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I’m sure it will be my friend :) :)

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”