PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Examination feedback

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Examination feedback

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote:Hang on let me so some maths. Today is 2018?
Became instructor 1996. So yes I’ve been teaching flycasting for that many years plus of course the stuff before. Became FFF 2004 I think. First one to take the exam outside USA. Big mistake. Was exmaning form that point and WTF, are you the fish measurement police? :p

Cheers. Paul
Na, I leave the wrong measurements up to you, but I do like honest facts over blown up bs.. :D

We've had this discussion before, you know my views, which are kinda in line with Mark's.
And I know we'll have it again and again ;)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Brian McGlashan

Examination feedback

Post by Brian McGlashan »

I take it by payment you mean Cash Paul?

I go places to help out with assessments and as a sort of by product of that I get hours and hours of help and lessons on Skagit(not limited to this) from Willie Holmes.How much would that cost me?
I meet and get help in Casting and other things from the like of Mark Surtees.I meet and get help and lessons from Lasse, How much would all this cost me?Now I have only mentioned a few people here but you get the drift.I could of course spent my life just going to see these guys, but for assessments and casting orgs/websites I may never have heard of them.
Payment comes in a few forms, cash I spend and forget,the rest I get to keep in the grey matter.Happy with that.

Regards
Brian
Stoatstail50

Examination feedback

Post by Stoatstail50 »

I regularly run through instructor theory via email Lasse.
How much do you charge for this ?
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Examination feedback

Post by Paul Arden »

I charge nothing for this Mark. It’s low key and I do it for friends. I’m rather busy at the moment and have 6 on the go. 3CCI and 3MCI. Normally I do 2-3 year and have done for about 10 years. I don’t want it to be any more than this :p

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50

Examination feedback

Post by Stoatstail50 »

I do it too, I don’t charge either...just as nobody charged me when I was working for my assessments. This doesn’t mean that you, me or anyone else that provides these services freely is not behaving professionally. Plus, if you’re so fashed about getting paid I wonder what it is that motivates you to perform these services for nothing...I think I know why I do it, why do you do it?
Casting Definitions

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Examination feedback

Post by Paul Arden »

Because I’m a communist?

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50

Examination feedback

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Cobblers... :glare:
Casting Definitions

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Examination feedback

Post by Paul Arden »

While I don’t charge for online training, I charge for casting instruction and guiding. Sometimes I don’t charge for these things also. It depends on a case by case basis. I have to put food on the table and there’s only so many fish you can eat!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Stoatstail50

Examination feedback

Post by Stoatstail50 »

Yep...so you pick and choose...me too...and I choose to do assessments for free, paying me a fee wouldn’t change my approach to a candidate in an assessment one iota and personally I won’t give a short damn how long you’ve been teaching or assessing until you’re standing next to me doing it too...then I’ll tip my cap...communist my ass...
Casting Definitions

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Examination feedback

Post by Paul Arden »

I wish I could find a gardener who would work for free. Bloody capitalists with their pitchforks!

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Teaching”