PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Instructor days

Moderators: Paul Arden, Bernd Ziesche, Lasse Karlsson

John Waters
Answers: 0

Re: Instructor days

Post by John Waters »

Fine down here mate, all things considered I.e. Casting is finished for the year and the AFL football season is also over for 2019. Meaning of life stuff really. Oh well, both sports start again in March/April so just have to struggle through till then.
I have gone in the other direction with distance casting, and as for my distances, well, I am looking for them in any direction. :(
Seriously though, I have gone down the path of rotation around a blocked left side. Trying to undo decades of my traditional technique has been a challenge and at 70, I may run out of time but it is a mind blowing way to throw a line.
If I get to 71, :yeahhh: I look forward to seeing you in Sweden,

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I didn’t know casting ever stopped! Will you be entering all the other ICSF events in Sweden too? Hopefully I can see you at at Sexyloops weekend as well. Just working out logistics seeing what’s possible. It would be great to meet other Board members - not all compete!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters
Answers: 0

Post by John Waters »

True Paul, never does for me, just ask my wife. Our casting season, with sanctioned events starts in March and continues through to October, however, I cast every day. You would think I would have got it right by now. My two casting partners are away until mid December so I cast in the local park. Since moving back to Melbourne, there are a few to choose from in my area.
Yep, I’ll cast in both parts of the WCs. My congratulations to Sweden in having the courage and the wherewithal to host both. Both types of casting are essential for the sport’s future and both need to support each other to flourish. Old blokes like me have had our go, we need to engage youth and that is the challenge for fly casting. It will be interesting to see how that evolves.
I’ll see about your Sexyloops weekend mate. The boss will be with me and there are a few castles still to see, but it would be great. Margaret does not cast but enjoys watching the sport and catching up with some friends in the sport, so we’ll see how we go. Never been to Bosnia, but the trout fishing looks great.
Maybe we could organise a Gathering in our region. Be interesting to see if any instructors in Oz would be interested in attending a fly casting forum. I had a chat to a CCI at a recent Casting Academy Day in Melbourne about such a weekend. Hope it can happen.
Casting is casting is casting, irrespective of the path you have chosen, or how far along your path you currently are.
Keep me posted about Bosnia 2020, would like to have a throw.

John

Return to “Teaching”