PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Lancio Curvo

Moderator: Paul Arden

Bianchetti Ivan
Answers: 0

Lancio Curvo

Post by Bianchetti Ivan »

I did not understand if this is the right place to write this.
Curved launch.
I explain why only movements to google translate it would be too long.
we begin the launch behind.
1-turn around the wrist to the right while keeping the horizontal loop to the ground.
2-carry on the barrel while keeping the horizontal loop to the ground by turning the wrist all the way to the left.
3-let the line distance from the tip of the barrel (you will see form the loop sideways and then a further curve less pronounced).
4-when the loop will have reached the point where we want to bend, straighten the wrist (which will still be turned to the left) as if it were a stop and move the hand slightly to the left, at which point we will see the loops lie to the left.
The game consists in this, the loop traveling off-axis, the curve after serving not let them relax, when you reach the position you tow the curve and loop relaxes.
I hope that what has translated google is understandable.
what do you think of this system?

I also write in Italian if someone help me in the translation. :D

non ho ben capito se questo è il punto giusto per scrivere questo.
Lancio Curvo.
Spiegherò solo i movimenti perchè per google translate sarebbe troppo lungo.
cominciamo dal lancio dietro.
1-girare il polso tutto verso destra mantenendo il loop orizzontale al terreno.
2-portare avanti la canna mantenendo sempre il loop orizzontale al terreno ruotando il polso tutto verso sinistra.
3-lasciamo che la linea passi dalla punta della canna (si vedra formare il loop lateralmente e subito dopo una ulteriore curva meno accentuata).
4-quando il loop avra raggiunto il punto dove vogliamo la curva, raddrizziamo il polso (che sarà ancora girato verso sinistra) come se fosse uno stop e spostiamo la mano leggermente verso sinistra ,a quel punto vedremo il loop distendersi verso sinistra.
il gioco consiste in questo,il loop viaggia fuori asse,la curva dopo serve per non lasciarlo distendere,quando si raggiunge la posizione si stoppa la curva e il loop distende.
spero che quel che ha tradotto google sia comprensibile.
voi cosa ne pensate,di questo sistema?
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Lancio Curvo

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Ivan,

3-4 I find very interesting. Thank you - I will play with that.

I don't control the bend that way. This is what I know:

1) The leader must be fairly short and well tapered. A 20ft leader will not bend easily.
2) The curve is a result of a) the weight of the fly kicking around and b) a wave travelling back from the straightened flyline back towards the caster (Maybe Bernd can post Aitor's video here from Vimeo - I'm quite literally in the jungle!).

b) I think is more important than a).

It follows that for overpowered curves one needs:

i) a horizontal loop
ii) a trajectory that is either level or inclining (travelling up - good luck Google :p)
iii) excess force so that the wave travels back after the loop straightens.

Now i) can be done in many ways - but personally for fishing I tilt more towards the horizontal rod plane because I want the loop straightening close the the surface and if the trajectory is level with a close to vertical rod that will mean that the loop straightens very high above the water surface.

iii) I get using Pull-Back - i.e. applying an abrupt stop that is a reversed force application. It's hard to explain in English, let alone via Google Translate!!!

I control the position of the bend, through a) the amount of line carried and b) the amount of force applied during pull-back.

I will have a play however with what you are doing. It sounds like a delayed cork screw curve. For a long time I played with something similar. But it could also be a Snap Curve that you are describing. In fact I think that's what you are using. In which case I agree :p

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Lancio Curvo

Post by Paul Arden »

My reply was for a curve cast not a curve mend - how does the line look when it lands? Like _____) or ___/\___

If it's the second one ignore everything I have written!!

Flycasting Definitions
Bianchetti Ivan
Answers: 0

Lancio Curvo

Post by Bianchetti Ivan »

Paul is true is difficult to explain and even then translate.
So I will try to take small steps.
1.lancio rear loop to the right side (I use only for potr turn your wrist without creating problems with the rod tip).
2 around the wrist to the right (turning the wrist the rod tip goes round shaped arc.
3 by turning the wrist to the left makes again a round-shaped arc.
Made these movements is produced on the line like a Z if we look at the shape of the Z we see two opposing loops.
when these two loops are continuing the flight will be more and more neighbors, the stop makes sure that the second is more energy load of the first and the direction of the leader will be that of the second because at some point the z will be shut down.
when I run this type of launch usually I put an obstacle in about 10 15 meters, because the closest you can cheat.
I realize that is difficult to explain, I understand even more what I wrote (I think it will give up) Thank you anyway for your time devoted to my post. ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Lancio Curvo

Post by Paul Arden »

Ha ha :p

Yes I think you are describing a form of Snap Curve. I do use this but I prefer the over-powered curve (especially if I have a heavy fly). I'll try to make a video next week in Thailand, so we can be sure!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Curve Mends”