PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

How far do you think?

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Zhongxiang
Answers: 0

How far do you think?

Post by Zhongxiang »

Michal Duzynski wrote:I saw the videos, and nothing wrong there. With the speed of his haul and stroke the line can go easly 36m, how it lands its a different story.
Look at WC video from 2014 and Bart de Zwan stroke, very similar and Bart did great and came 4th ( if i remember right).

My videos were purly in polish language for people who thought they know casting. It was something to proove to to them that having an instructor to show you few things would be very helpfull.
I dont think I will make the same in english. Just watch Pauls videos- I was inspired by him :D
Cheers
Mike
Thanks Mike :D
t.z.

How far do you think?

Post by t.z. »

:sorcerer: how about the actual caster in the video joining the discussion? ... :cool: :ninja:
Michal Duzynski

How far do you think?

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Just to add to the thread and videos.
As it might seem wired to Zhnog with this stroke, but look how many falscast he does before shooting- he got 6 cycles of false casting in order to airelise lets say 80'of line. And he shoots on 6th FC
My self and with 170 style most guys pick up 70' feet and shoot on the third ( 3cycles of fals casting) sometimes even on the secend.
I couthg myself carring to much line, and at the same time loosing tension on the forward delivery. Why i know that- because I saw myself casting and on the delivery shot my rod tip is fucking wabbling and puts shit loads of waves in the delivery loop- not efficent and luck of speed.
Carring too much and not being able to control it ( keeping tension) is not the key to succes. Meaning NO TENSION- YOUR OVERHANG IS TOO MUCH. Its like trying to hit full FC full on with a rod whitout line. Yes it will hit the backing, but the layout ( and this is what counts) will be shit.
No I took my measuring tape off, and try to work on my stroke and everything else.
Keeping 80% of max performance, but make it straight, and still lots to improve.
Cheers
Mike
Geenomad

How far do you think?

Post by Geenomad »

Agreed Mike. Control is the master. Power is the servant. Piles of spaghetti are proof that the servant is getting uppity. :D

Cheers
Mark
"The line of beauty is the result of perfect economy." R. W. Emerson.
https://thecuriousflycaster.com
WJC

How far do you think?

Post by WJC »

I couthg myself carring to much line, and at the same time loosing tension on the forward delivery. Why i know that- because I saw myself casting and on the delivery shot my rod tip is fucking wabbling
Michal, that's the first time I have heard about the rod wobbling during the delivery and would like to know if you think that is the rod mushing out or your wrist mushing out. I know exactly what you are talking about, because I have experienced it many times when test casting rods.

When I test cast a new rod, if it does that wobbling action when my wrist still feels strong and still incrreasing acceleration I think it has something to do with the rod. With another rod if that doesn't happen, I extend the carry, and if it still doesn't do it, but my wrist just doesn't have the strength to handle the carry, then that's the rod I like and buy.

In other words, I like a rod which I feel like is stronger than my arm/wrist/ ability to get the most out of the rod, but not by much. All I do anymore is salt water fishing, and I like a rod that is stronger than my ability to cast it, but not by a whole lot.

So my question is this: when the rod starts wobbling on the final forward cast is it because my wrist is too weak to handle the load, or has it got something to do with rod, the line weight of the carry and the acceleration of rotation.

Thanks,
Jim
Michal Duzynski

How far do you think?

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi Jim
I reckon it would be the wrist, or nerves. I want show something to somebody, or I compeat I got nervous and things start getting shakie- I think
This video is in Polish and its very long, so just for the matter of wabbly tip and waves in the loops jump to the times below

https://youtu.be/h-uALPtVsng

25min 25sec false casting- seem all fine
26min 36 sec final delivery- and I know its crap- I reckon I try to hard.

https://vimeo.com/221691064 please use password casting

This video is feom Melbourne comp and in 39sec ( its me in black tshirt) final delivery and same story wabble in the tip and few waves in the loop

Any advise on improoving it
Cheers
Mikr
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

How far do you think?

Post by Paul Arden »

It's possible that's for sure. Who is it and which country? I might know him.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Zhongxiang

How far do you think?

Post by Zhongxiang »

Paul Arden wrote:It's possible that's for sure. Who is it and which country? I might know him.

Cheers, Paul
Thanks Paul. The video appeared differently to what I used to think.
朴银龙 of China. He is a good caster no doubt. Not sure if he is going to your event in September

Cheers,
Zhongxiang
Paul Arden
Site Admin

How far do you think?

Post by Paul Arden »

I've only met Cash Chen who is a very nice caster, the first CCI in China. The event is being set up by Wang Yong.

If this is shot in the North East I imagine that the air is pretty thin - and of course is a RIO COMP 6WT. It would be great if we can encourage these guys to enter the Worlds. Very encouraging to see an interest in competition casting from this part of the world. Currently only Malaysia (Ashly) and Japan enter. Mongolia most probably next year.

There is a long way to go of course, but that's the reason for getting involved. Looking forward to September!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

How far do you think?

Post by Paul Arden »

120ft of fly line, could be 115ft cast. If it's over 120ft I'd be impressed - there are a few guys who manage it with such a short stroke and the RIO comp is shorter than the MED with a thinner running line. And it's a 6WT. Of course with a few changes there's quite a lot more distance available. There is nothing to stop any of these guys upsetting the Worlds in 3 or 4 years. And I would love to see that.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”