PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Video of Piffen casting

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

piffilus
Answers: 0

Video of Piffen casting

Post by piffilus »

I will try this out next time I am practicing. When you say that I should start the cast at shoulder height, do you mean in the lift of the PUALD or on the forward cast? By 50 % bigger range, I guess you mean stroke and not arc? I have the impression that pulling is preferable to pushing but I think it is hard to change to pulling and get a nice loop. Maybe I should try to drift more... When doing the exercises in your last post, I think Paul says 6 meters of line outside the rod tip, at least in the circle, oval and figure 8 exercises, is that true for the other exercise as well?

Cheers Piffen
Dag Midtgard
Answers: 0

Video of Piffen casting

Post by Dag Midtgard »

Try to lift your false casting to shoulder hight in the forward cast, ear or higher in your back-cast...

Hught difference of tip of those cast matter of taste... but about a meter or so when stopping/starting the cast... try different hights...

The length of line outIde tip when casting different shapeS of line; vary from 5-6 meters and up to your lines belly length... it is imoortant that you learn your line to know at different lengths...

However, very important when doung the figure casting is to keep contact with the line throughout the figuring...

Return to “Flycasting”