PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

casting 7wt. for spey work MCI

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

LauraPalmer
Answers: 0

Post by LauraPalmer »

just checked - one tapers' end seems a bit thicker than the other :D
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I feel sorry for the next guy!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

:glare: that poor soul probably won't hold the whole line in the air! :D
VGB

Post by VGB »

LauraPalmer wrote::glare: that poor soul probably won't hold the whole line in the air! :D
That will be me then :p

They are a pretty good bunch, it will be worth dropping them a line and I'm sure it will get sorted.

regards

Vince
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

nah, too much hassle to ship it back etc... still casts nice... I just wish I'd never measured it and I could still live the illusion! :D
VGB

Post by VGB »

Why not swap with mine, I'll pay the postage. It might make me feel better :yeahhh:
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

I wouldn't recommend that the way it looks now - pretty beat up already from lawn casting :pirate:

here it is btw:

Wrote them yesterday and told them I don't fancy putting the fucked up one in a box and send it back, too much hassle... They told me they'll send me an new one anyway. Pretty nice I think, so I told them don't - I'll order a few ones and they can throw in another one...

Works really nice for teaching because of the visibility; student himself preferred the TT for casting tho...

Yesterday I stripped of around 10 meters of backing and that ugly duckling flew further than a MED ever did for me; just like when you are 18 and that overweight girl with too much makeup and low self esteem does everything to please, whilst the most beautiful girl in class wants a poem...
VGB

Post by VGB »

I was shite at poetry :p

I’m finding casting my usual lines much easier after practicing with the DT, it does seem to help with control. I suspect that it’s a bit of a handful for a student to pick up without some practice but as you say it’s great for demos, it’s the only line that I can easily see with 40ft being carried.

Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

LauraPalmer wrote:
Yesterday I stripped of around 10 meters of backing and that ugly duckling flew further than a MED ever did for me; just like when you are 18 and that overweight girl with too much makeup and low self esteem does everything to please, whilst the most beautiful girl in class wants a poem...
A shootinghead against a full line, yeah cheating always helps with low self esteem :D
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I got mine this week. I've only weighed one end, but the end I have weighed is a 5wt at 145gn. It's meant to be a DT6.

Bugger. :(
FFi CCI

Return to “Flycasting”