PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

casting 7wt. for spey work MCI

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

VGB
Answers: 0

Post by VGB »

Drop them a line Graeme, I’m sure it will get sorted.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Wet

Post by Wet »

Graeme H wrote:I got mine this week. I've only weighed one end, but the end I have weighed is a 5wt at 145gn. It's meant to be a DT6.

Bugger. :(
That weighing line shit will only lead to trouble... stop it :p
Cheers,
Andrew Connell
VGB

Post by VGB »

Graeme H wrote:I got mine this week. I've only weighed one end, but the end I have weighed is a 5wt at 145gn. It's meant to be a DT6.

Bugger. :(
Have you measured the taper? If they’ve sent the right line, then the tip is too long.
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

VGB wrote:Have you measured the taper? If they’ve sent the right line, then the tip is too long.
Only by feel. It's about 6' long. You're right though: I should do it properly.

You're right too Andrew. :D

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
LauraPalmer

Post by LauraPalmer »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:
LauraPalmer wrote:
Yesterday I stripped of around 10 meters of backing and that ugly duckling flew further than a MED ever did for me; just like when you are 18 and that overweight girl with too much makeup and low self esteem does everything to please, whilst the most beautiful girl in class wants a poem...
A shootinghead against a full line, yeah cheating always helps with low self esteem :D

Yeah I'm not very confident, but standing on a lawn, throw that line around makes me feel better about myself... I mean it's basically on par with freeclimbing, apnea diving or mastering quantum physics. And one day I'll show them all, become a throw-a-line-around examiner and weigh the lines of candidats to make sure they use proper 7wts! :D

Return to “Flycasting”