PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Practice rod

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

troutman41
Answers: 0

Practice rod

Post by troutman41 »

On my first post on here I mentioned that I had a practice rod which I keep in the green house set up so I can go straight into the garden and practice.Taking the sage out a few time to see the difference I now think the practice rod is not suitable.I prefer the more fast tip rod.After chatting to a friend who had bought tackle 20 years ago and never used it once I offered to set things up for them and at the very least get them started.They arrived with a thing called an LL Bean Quest 8' 6" 7 wt.I couldn't believe it when I started to cast with it what a beautiful casting rod for me.When they left I went on the net to buy one but after searching I read that g loomis used to make the rods for them and the modern ones are made in china.
Has anyone tried these rods and the second question is any recommendations on a cheaper rod that I could use for the practice rod.

Return to “Flycasting”