PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Conservation of Momentum

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Paul Arden »

One of the problems we have with the Internet is sometimes what we write is misconstrued, especially the tone. And also it can enable people to present a side of themselves they would not normally.

A few years back we ran a competition, some where is it picture and some accompanying text. Glenda asked if the text was a clue. I with great wit, wrote back that no it wasn't and it was just some random text placed there without purpose. Glenda wrote back that she was leaving the Board and fuck you Paul (or similar!). That cost me a phonecall to Australia to sort that problem out.

For me I'm happy to give people shit, but only friends who give me shit too. We can do this because we like each other. Aussies, Kiwis, some Europeans and British and Irish live for this. This is in our culture. If its not in someone's culture, then it's highly offensive and I would never do it.

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter
Answers: 0

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Walter »

As ever, you are the soul of tact and discretion.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Paul Arden »

Just a lucky birth, Walter.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Walter »

Perhaps you should have a Sexyloops cotillion to aid those who lack our social graces.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Unregistered

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Unregistered »

Paul Arden wrote:I'll resend you a copy tonight Aitor. From man memory I thought you actually commented on it.
Thanks. Yep, I already had the Mosser and Buchman paper, I just didn't know which paper you were talking about. :)

Anyway I have read it again.
Isn't it funny what the paper states?

The principal physical laws involved are conservation of energy and conservation of momentum.

Buchman is a doctor in engineering, maybe he copy&pasted his Ph.D. work to get his title?
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes I read that. That's why I would like to get this paper in a public place so that we can discuss it, because at the moment the discussions are all over the place. At least here is a paper that attempts to lay it all out. Hopefully this way the discussion can be constructive. Lasse is asking. I guess an alternative is for me put the article in a private library and give members a password?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Unregistered

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Unregistered »

Paul Arden wrote:Yes I read that. That's why I would like to get this paper in a public place so that we can discuss it.
Discuss it? You mean posting without taking notice of previous posts and refusing to watch the visual material provided? :asleep:
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Paul Arden »

That wasn't quite what I had in mind!

Flycasting Definitions
Unregistered

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Unregistered »

That has been the usual way of debating in the last years, I don't see why it is going to change now.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Conservation of Momentum

Post by Paul Arden »

I think one of the problems is I've just let the physicists and engineers get on with it. But that's obviously not working too well and sides have been drawn, which is not very constructive. So I'm trying to find ways we can change that. There are lots of very smart and knowledgeable people here but I don't like - and no one involved appears to like - the undercurrent that exists. So I'm going to bring a bit of order here.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting”