PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Line collision

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Line collision

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Saul, I think it would be very useful for you and everyone to this try to replicate and therefore isolate the cause of collisions. This is how many of us teach curing tailing loops. If you can make line collisions on purpose then you can absolutely avoid them. Also I think it would assist the Board! :cool:

Thanks,
Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Mac78
Answers: 0

Line collision

Post by Mac78 »

Paul Arden wrote:Hi Saul, I think it would be very useful for you and everyone to this try to replicate and therefore isolate the cause of collisions. This is how many of us teach curing tailing loops. If you can make line collisions on purpose then you can absolutely avoid them. Also I think it would assist the Board! :cool:

Thanks,
Paul

Agreed Paul. Unfortunately work will see me hanging up my waders till late May. However, I shall on return try and isolate the actual problem. I'll also have time to experiment with various line and rod setups to see if it's limited to that particular Rod /Skagit / Tip setup.

Cheers,
Saul
randyflycaster

Line collision

Post by randyflycaster »

I'm wondering: Does landing the anchor too far back add to the chances of a line collision?

Randy
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Line collision

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Randy,

I would think that the opposite would be the case.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
randyflycaster

Line collision

Post by randyflycaster »

Thanks Paul.

I realized that I fell into the bad habit of not finishing my swing, and therefore my anchor pointed to the left of my target -when I was casting right-handed. As a result, my forward cast crossed the railroad tracks, so to speak.

Randy
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Line collision

Post by Paul Arden »

That would do it! Best piece of advice I know is to watch the line end at all times during the Sweep. I learned that from Lee - never take your eyes off it!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”