PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Original Windcutter line recipe question for Ed Ward

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Peddler
Answers: 0

Post by Peddler »

Hi all...

I just now got back on here thanks to Mr. Arden.
Old age and passwords just don't mix.

What is it that Ed Ward was after and did he get the answer? I have a Windcutter original that I was just on the verge of replacing. Now I'm thinking a refurbishment is in order instead. So what is the magic of the old Windcutters... are they just very good lines in and of themselves or do they contain the components needed to make a very special line out of them?

Thanks, and it's good to be back.
Jack
crunch

Post by crunch »

I think Windcutter Spey was one of the first lines which had significant weight difference between light and long front taper and heavy rear and short rear taper so it was easy to Spey cast. Also its length made it good overall fishing line.

Esa
Ed Ward

Post by Ed Ward »

CastingMatters,
I'm sorry to say that I no longer have that info available. The closest line to the old Windcutter that I can think of is the barstool Northwest Skagit. I am not sure if even that line can currently be obtained. Sorry!
Casting Matters

Post by Casting Matters »

Hi Ed,

Many thanks for the reply, I have not been on for quite a while and only noticed the reply now. With the many commercial Skagit lines around now I suppose cutting up old lines is redundant anyway.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Robert,

I can probably get this info. Any particular line weight? Is this the single handed line that was yellow?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”