PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Non casting question about sink tips

Moderator: Lee Cummings

slack
Answers: 0

Post by slack »

If I want to make my own sink tips from T-11 7-8 ips how does the length effect the tip? Will a 5' tip ,sink at the same rate as a 15' tip. I know the casting will change. Thanks in advance. Slack
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Slack

The tip has to drag the floating line down too, so the longer one will get deeper. Have in mind that it also has to drag the leader and fly down at the other end.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Will

Post by Will »

This has been around for some time. Nice thinking. Don't know how accurate though.

W.
Lineslinger
Barrio Pro-team
SGAIC
AAPGAI

"The only advice it is necessary to give the angler… is to avoid any approach to foppery, as trout have the most thorough contempt for a fop…”
WC Stewart
slack

Post by slack »

Thank you Lasse and Will. BTW a lot of info on that link, (This) not only about sink rates but rods ,Skajit lines,tips,how and why they work. Many things were new to me, I found it quite interesting!! Again thanks for you replies. This site is a incrediable resouce !!!!! slack

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”