PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Glass?!

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Graeme H
Answers: 0

Glass?!

Post by Graeme H »

Guessing I would write IANACIA. But you'd expect that from an uncouth Aussie …

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
alex vulev

Glass?!

Post by alex vulev »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:Exclusive with lots of potential members :D

Cheers
Lasse, IAAMCITHCI
i'm proudly wearing my badge it goes well on my nymphing tweeds :p :D
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
GEM Skues,The Way Of A Trout With A Fly
tone

Glass?!

Post by tone »

I have built a few swift epics in 5,6, and 4 wts. Not much fun on the lawn but great fishing tools. Carl McNeil MCI is the owner and designer and he got these right in my opinion. Nice selection of colors and great service too. The snake brand universal guides are now all I will use except recoils for the salt. No more prepping guide feet for me.
VGB

Glass?!

Post by VGB »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:Exclusive with lots of potential members :D

Cheers
Lasse, IAAMCITHCI
Only one badge, my other shoulder patch says IKFA :ninja:
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
andrewparkeruk

Glass?!

Post by andrewparkeruk »

I have a Scott F series (2009) 6'6" #2; it is great fun on small streams.
As I'm never casting very far I tend to use it with #5 lines as these are what I have on my reel.

Andrew
IWOACI
Flyfishfairwx

Glass?!

Post by Flyfishfairwx »

Berkly cherrywood Fiberglass in 8wt, used it for everything from Atlantic salmon, 6in brook trout, to small mouth bass!! Then I broke my wrist and needed to go to lighter broomsticks!!
Everybody has to believe in something and I believe in Fly fishing and Fly tying and believe I will.
As in the army I have never had a bad day fly fishing, some damn uncomfortable days but never a bad one.
alex vulev

Glass?!

Post by alex vulev »

my first fly rod was a soviet made glass rod but it was 36 years ago and i was using it with a spinning reel and a bubble float & flies until i broke the rod :D i'm still keeping a 23 years old 8'6 marked #6 glass rod that was the rod with i started my regular flyfishing. its heavy and after a couple of seasons fishing it i went for a lighter carbon. This glass rod feels undestructable. Found a seller who got a retro #8/9 hardy glass rod but i wasnt confident how stiff the rod would be. Perhaps it would be a bit soft for playing fast bigger fush?
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
VGB

Glass?!

Post by VGB »

No reason it should be too soft Alex, you won't know unless you try it :D
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

alex vulev

Glass?!

Post by alex vulev »

thank you for your encouragment Vince :D , problem is that glass is close but not as lovely as bamboo and in my experience not as stiff as carbon when i'm looking for stiffness for my intended fushing.

page 193,
VGB

Glass?!

Post by VGB »

Alex, I like fishing glass as I go to some overgrown places and need something tough and fun to fish with. I've never tried bamboo, do you think I should try some grass? :D

Return to “Tackle”