PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Beer. What else?

Moderator: Haggisboy

Davyfly
Answers: 0

Beer. What else?

Post by Davyfly »

Home brewed cider, that will knock the shit out of you in a hurry. Its a 2 day hang over.
Glenda

Beer. What else?

Post by Glenda »

A man once told me there are very few men who actually appreciated beer but only drank it due to peer pressure (is this true?). All I know is, it is the first drink that I got drunk on when I was 18 and have hated it ever since..... Even tasting stout puts a grimace on my face which I was surprised at because i thought it would be totally different......perhaps I should try it with sarsaparilla like my uncle used to drink.......nah!! I will stick to my Turkey or Jack Daniel's bourbon whiskey.
"my biggest worry is that when I am dead and gone my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it". ......Koos Brandt
Jonathan

Beer. What else?

Post by Jonathan »

Glenda I only drink it because of beer pressure - is that bad? :blush:
Jon
Glenda

Beer. What else?

Post by Glenda »

:laugh: :laugh:
"my biggest worry is that when I am dead and gone my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it". ......Koos Brandt
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Beer. What else?

Post by Paul Arden »

I think your tastes change as you get older, Glenda. Men in particular evolve to like bitter salty things. Obviously I don't want my beer salty, but I don't want it sweet either!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Haggisboy

Beer. What else?

Post by Haggisboy »

Paul,

Excluding equipment costs, I think it costs us between 30p and £1 a pint to make. The super hoppy stuff is expensive to make. We use grain rather than malt extracts as well. Dead easy to make, just a bit of outlay on equipment and cleaning products.

Campbell
Nick

Beer. What else?

Post by Nick »

Paul Arden wrote:Where is here, Nick? To be honest I wouldn't normally drink beer less than 5%. It's the 8%+ stuff that knocks me sideways. Also I find that a little sweet and stomach-filling.
Here is Seattle. Center of the American craft beer revolution!

I think that the problem here is that beer culture here is still changing and developing, and right now it's going through a phase where almost everybody is trying to make beer that is stronger and hoppier than everybody else's beer. My local has 20 something beers on tap, and the last time I went in the weakest one was 5.2%! That's not a session beer. I'm not stopping in there for a pint at lunchtime. Most of the beers are also incredibly over hopped. At least half would be essentially un drinkable by anyone who was not a very regular beer drinker with a built up tolerance to bitterness (even the bitterest English beer is mild compared to these beers).

It will come around though. People will realize that only having those brews loses customers and start making A wider range. And having half a dozen pubs within walking distance that serve good beer is a quality problem!
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Beer. What else?

Post by Paul Arden »

Well it sure beats Budweiser :p
Actually in Malaysia the Budweiser was 5% and drinkable. Personally I find 5% to be what I'm looking for in a beer both in effect as well as flavour. That is a strongish beer but much over this it's just too sweet/heavy for me for more than a couple of pints. But under this I'm thinking why bother?

This is not a bad read: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Beer. What else?

Post by Paul Arden »

This is an interesting beer! :p
Attachments
image.jpg

Flycasting Definitions
Glenda

Beer. What else?

Post by Glenda »

I like to eat banana bread but not sure about drinking it....,then again, it may be the only beer I could drink if it tasted as it says it should :p

Return to “Manshit”