PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Glass?!

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

TrevH
Answers: 0

Glass?!

Post by TrevH »

You guys aren't doing anything to prove I'm mad to be contemplating this. That last video, Andrew, just about clinches it :pirate:

See, Vince, what you started? :666:

Cheers
Trev :D :D :D
Marc Fauvet

Glass?!

Post by Marc Fauvet »

ennio wrote: What's going on there; do all rods do this or is this a feature of the unidirectional layup of the Epic blank?
hi Andrew,
i'm pretty sure this would happen with any rod (that can handle being bent this way) but since most rod's can't, we never see this awesome feature ! :D
fwiw, i believe Peter's "lack of control of the fish" comes from demonstrating the 'pushing the limits' bit inherent to the promotional aspects of the film.
it sure does bend.... :cool:
cheers,
marc
davestocker

Glass?!

Post by davestocker »

Can fishing sticks be made from Graphene?
davestocker

Glass?!

Post by davestocker »

when there isn't a thunderstorm, that is.
alex vulev

Glass?!

Post by alex vulev »

Marc Fauvet wrote:
ennio wrote: What's going on there; do all rods do this or is this a feature of the unidirectional layup of the Epic blank?
hi Andrew,
i'm pretty sure this would happen with any rod (that can handle being bent this way) but since most rod's can't, we never see this awesome feature ! :D
fwiw, i believe Peter's "lack of control of the fish" comes from demonstrating the 'pushing the limits' bit inherent to the promotional aspects of the film.
it sure does bend.... :cool:
cheers,
marc
not every rod on earth is stiffy fast graphite tomato stick Marc :D some rods in bamboo and glass could do some sexy bends and a landing net would be handy for that film :p
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
GEM Skues,The Way Of A Trout With A Fly
Marc Fauvet

Glass?!

Post by Marc Fauvet »

there's quite a big difference between 'most' and 'any', Alex... :whistle:
anyhow, regardless of what they're made of, most rods couldn't bend like that without damage.

as for the net, for once :asleep: , you are absolutely correct. fishing without one is irresponsible.
James9118

Glass?!

Post by James9118 »

davestocker wrote:Can fishing sticks be made from Graphene?
The next wonder material, give it 10 years so they can get the manufacturing costs right down, then you'll see it utilised for it's structural properties.
alex vulev

Glass?!

Post by alex vulev »

Marc Fauvet wrote:

as for the net, for once :asleep: , you are absolutely correct. fishing without one is irresponsible.
it seems we tend to agree on something.i'm confident it wont happen too often again. it is not acceptable even on a new board. :pirate:
Wise indeed was George Selwyn Marryat when he said: "its not the fly; its the driver"

page 193,
GEM Skues,The Way Of A Trout With A Fly
Marc Fauvet

Glass?!

Post by Marc Fauvet »

:D :D :D
VGB

Glass?!

Post by VGB »

alex vulev wrote:
Marc Fauvet wrote:

it seems we tend to agree on something.i'm confident it wont happen too often again. it is not acceptable even on a new board. :pirate:
I think that £21.5m research budget has just been pushed out.

Glass is fun to fish with in the right circumstances
Casting instruction - making simple things complicated since 1765

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Tackle”