PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Talin WC indoor fly casting (ICSF)

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi
I just saw it on a Italian forum ( as the italians did vey well).
Are we having now two different World Championships in fly casting with a fishing tackle?
Are the WC overlaping itself?
once in 2years outdoor and in between indoors. Do the ICSF advertise this somewhere?
Dimitri prooved his great performance keeping his title from the 2016 outdoor WC, but if he come second lets say, would he participate in UK 2018 as a World champion from prwvuous comp, or his glory would be smaller as he lost the indoor one?( theoreticly)
Im confused here.
Cheers
Mike
Attachments
58e1512442424.jpg

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:40 pm

Ok I did find something on the ICSF web, and alsio found the SL thread from 2016 where John Waters tells us all about.
But still Im a bit confused. Which WC has more recognition, and whose the WORLD CHAMIPON in a break period of 2 years?
Is it the guy who hots 38-40 m with tailwind outdoors or the guy who hits 36m indoors? Here the abswer is very easy DUMITRI BOROKOV is the champ as hi knailed them both :p
But again theoreticly?
Mike

John Waters

Post by John Waters » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:43 pm

Hi Michal,

The Tallinn event is not a World Championships but a World Cup event. There are only two World Championships and both are outdoors, the ICSF WCs held each year and the WCFFFG held every two years. All such events are listed on ICSF website. The Tallinn event is held indoors each year and includes some ICSF events and some fly fishing gear events.

John

John Waters

Post by John Waters » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:47 pm

We both posted at same time Michal, both are given equal WC status as reflected in Dmitri's results.

John

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:20 pm

Thanks John for claryfing it.
Im actualy very proud. The Italian guy which came 4° used some of my tips on distance casting ( we had long discussiin on a Italian forum), and alsi as per my recomandation he purchased and used the SL HT 9'5WT V2
MIKE

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Post by Paul Arden » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:34 am

Yes I'm delighted for Stefano too! Very strong competition and it will be great to see the Italians at the Worlds in 2018 :)

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:29 am

Hi guys, can someone post all the results please? I can't find them again on Facebook! Thanks :)

Flycasting Definitions

Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:39 am

Hi I dont to mess up the initial subject, but as I heve 0 experience with indoor casting I will ask here.
Seems like evwrynody had the same conditions with casting. What are the things you should look for while casting indoors?
Steffano told me it was cold inside and the shooting wasnt that great. I thought a bit oposite, that in cooler conditios the line becomes stiffer and shoots faster, bit I might be wrong.
Few years back there was an indoor shootout report postet here on SL. Guys using TCR 5WT anf 3 different lines, and the results were between 36-38m, bit Im not sure about the conditions.
Do you think that people in the gym+adrenaline of the comp could have an inpact on the results?
Cheers
Mike

tmikola

Post by tmikola » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 am

Link to the online result service: http://tallinncasting2017.voog.com/
The official results will be here at some point, I think: http://www.kalasport.ee/results

Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:07 am

Brilliant, thank you Tapani! Congratulations on your sea-trout distance result :cool:

How was the weekend? Looks like fun, I would love to have been there and would have been had I been in Europe.

Thanks, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Casting Sport”