PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

New Board Software

Moderator: Paul Arden

Marc Fauvet
Answers: 0

New Board Software

Post by Marc Fauvet »

hi Paul,
what i have in the cookies section is
sexyloops.co.uk with 15 cookies
and
sexyloops.com with 3 cookies
yes, both are accepted and where accepted before the new board came to be.
don't know if this helps... :whistle:

cheers,
marc
Marc Fauvet

New Board Software

Post by Marc Fauvet »

hi again !

ok, something that's exceedingly annoying are quotes that are copied and pasted and then quoted but without the author's name. like this:
Well that's something I don't understand. I'm assuming that you're ticking the "remember me" box! :p
this kind of stuff makes it almost impossible to really follow a thread without having to read it all over from the beginning and try to find the part where it came from and who is being quoted and why. for lack of better words this is f'n rude.
it's already bad enough having some people go back and edit their replies without saying so, but if on top of that we have no quote source, confusion kicks in, usually followed by a complete lack of interest and dropping of the subject.
i know i'm not alone.
now, changing this would either mean getting rid of the Quote button on the Reply Dashboard but that's dumb.
how about getting users to respect board ethics and at least include the original quote's author and post number such as:
Paul A post 69- Well that's something I don't understand. I'm assuming that you're ticking the "remember me" box! :p
cheers,
marc
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

New Board Software

Post by Paul Arden »

That's something I can definitely change Marc. Will need a 3G connection however to fix that. I also have to put a horizontal line between posts. I should be able to do both these things on Thursday.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson

New Board Software

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Marc Fauvet wrote:hi again !

ok, something that's exceedingly annoying are quotes that are copied and pasted and then quoted but without the author's name. like this:
Well that's something I don't understand. I'm assuming that you're ticking the "remember me" box! :p
this kind of stuff makes it almost impossible to really follow a thread without having to read it all over from the beginning and try to find the part where it came from and who is being quoted and why. for lack of better words this is f'n rude.
it's already bad enough having some people go back and edit their replies without saying so, but if on top of that we have no quote source, confusion kicks in, usually followed by a complete lack of interest and dropping of the subject.
i know i'm not alone.
now, changing this would either mean getting rid of the Quote button on the Reply Dashboard but that's dumb.
how about getting users to respect board ethics and at least include the original quote's author and post number such as:
Paul A post 69- Well that's something I don't understand. I'm assuming that you're ticking the "remember me" box! :p
cheers,
marc
Hi Marc

That's only when copy and pasted in the reply mode, if you hit the quote button right away on the board, you get the authors name right on top, just like on the old board. I don't think it's possible to do so that you automaticly get the authors name when you copu/paste from another post. Then it is much more to do with board ethics, and getting the users to actually do it. I can understand your point, but I think it will be very hard to get peole to change habit when it comes to that :)

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Lasse Karlsson

New Board Software

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Hi Paul

There seems to be a format problem when viewing the board on a android smartphone, several of the topics are out of line with the rest, bit annoying :upside:

Cheers
Lasse

Lasse Karlsson

New Board Software

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Secondly, I just lost a long reply due to a timeout of the webpage??? Is this something I can change under settings or is it a setting you need to change?

Cheers
Lasse

James9118

New Board Software

Post by James9118 »

I've just tried PM'ing - it looks like it's sat in my Outbox, how do I get it to send?

Thanks, James.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

New Board Software

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Lasse, can you post a screen shot of the android layout please? I've only checked it on iphone. With regards time-out, I've gone through the settings and it was set for two hours? I've increased this to four hours.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

New Board Software

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi James, after its sent it sits in the outbox I believe - a bit weird I know!

Flycasting Definitions
Janesch

New Board Software

Post by Janesch »

James9118 wrote:I've just tried PM'ing - it looks like it's sat in my Outbox, how do I get it to send?

Thanks, James.
Hy James.
I think it sits in outbox until person receive/open it.
Same thing on my mobile phone.

Cheers,
Janko
"Plenty of time to sleep when you`r dead" Trout bum narrator...

"Your grandmas honey palinka taste like somebody poured gasoline on my pancakes." Rich Knoles

Return to “Announcements”