PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Quick Aussie Shootout

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

John Waters
Answers: 0

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by John Waters »

Hi Paul,

I am encouraged with what we are achieving in Oz, thanks for your words and support. 2018 will be a great year for casting, locally and worldwide. I applaud the great work being done in UK by Lee, James and Tracey (and no doubt others) and can't wait to get to Cumbria.

Best wishes,

John
John Waters

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by John Waters »

"The other thing that I believe is relevant is how technique transcends the heavier IC?SF distance events and the light line events. I had a problem before the 2018 Australian Fly Casting Championships with my 38 gram single handed distance casting"

Whoops, I must be septic, I mean psychic. :-)

I meant 2017.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by Paul Arden »

One of the problems I noted when I started to set up the GB team is that there are always unexpected problems. It would be a hell of a lot easier if individuals could enter without country affiliations. Country affiliations is a poison that separates us.

As far as I'm concerned if you're keen enough to get there then you should be allowed to compete. No matter how good you are nor how good you are in your country.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by Graeme H »

John Waters wrote:Hi Graeme,

I have started an Australian Casting Federation website, see Australian Casting Federation as well as a same named Facebook site. Only embryonic now but I will update with all news, results, events, and Australian casting business in next few weeks That will include all ICSF fly, plug and all Fly Fishing Gear events and results. It would be super to have you compete. Sharing gear, technique, strategies and all other things casting is the whole point. The ACF will meet later this year to sort out what is happening for 2018 and I will make sure you are right across all developments. I read your posts with interest and appreciate your passion for casting. Makes the future of our sport very positive. If you wish, don't hesitate to email me at jwaters@castmasteraustralia.com.au for any information you seek.

Best wishes,

John
Thanks John,

I'll go looking for both the site and the FB page now.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
James9118

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by James9118 »

Michal Duzynski wrote:Forgot to ask.
Hows the Balistic fly lines James.
Is the 5 similar to MED?
Hi Mike,

I really like the Ballistic line, on certain days I can get it to go further than the MED - unfortunately those days rarely coincide with BFCC competition events :whistle:

With regard to the Gamefair, you just have to adapt quickly. I made the mistake of perhaps carrying too much with the outfit this year. That said I've never really liked a 10ft rod in the lighter outfits such as we cast.

James
Michal Duzynski

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Cheers James
John Waters

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by John Waters »

Just been casting the 5 weight and 27 gram this week and really enjoying it. Starting to get consistent long casts with both. Maybe I am not soooooooooooooo far behind the best distance casters in this country. Can't wait to our selection events next year. Tempo and power are the keys in my opinion and I started to get that blend consistently yesterday and today. That is what generates line speed and thus distance. Of course that power and all rod translation results from body rotation. Someone asked about generating more speed. Don't generate rod translation from arm movement is my answer to that.

John
Michal Duzynski

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Thats great John, and thatks for the tip.
P.s
Are you expecting many to come for the casting qualifications?
Cheers
Mike
John Waters

Quick Aussie Shootout

Post by John Waters »

I expect so Michal.

John

Return to “Flycasting”