PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Starting a guiding business

Moderator: Paul Arden

t.z.
Answers: 0

Post by t.z. »

Hi,

I am happy to announce that I am starting a guiding business. The business will be located at Skålestrømmen in Norway. The place is really special and offers fantastic fishing for trout and arctic char.

The accessibility is phenomenal and a myriad of possibilities is concentrated in one area of around 5km length. You want to do lake fishing from a boat, fine. You wanted to wade a flats with loads of fish rising to caddis and mayflies? No problem. Pocketwater and fast rapid anyone? Fish from the bank? Long casts or tenkara style? Pull a streamer through deep holes? You name it and you can switch in between these types of fishing without even having to get into a car.

During the day you can tie your own flies with my help. You do not even need to bring your own tying kit.

Boat rental is included in the price as well as food and accommodation. It is also allowed to bring your catch to the kitchen and have it prepared. Cooking and dining is done family stile.

And if you do not feel like fishing and just hang out you have the best view right from the porch over a huge, grassy flat with a rich bird life. You can also watch the beaver do his business as well as observe moose.

The hut is surrounded by birch a birch forest ideal for hammocking. We have Lawson and AMOK for rent.

Those fancying a hike in the mountains find plenty opportunity in the area close by.

Access is easiest via Trondheim Airport and then taking the train to Grong. We pick you up there. The drive from Grong to the hut is around 2 hours and offers a stunningly beautiful scenery.

The 2019 season is from the first week in July to September 15th. However, we are open for bookings this year too. Just send me a mail on zullich@me.com. Special startup rates apply.

Cheers and skit fiske,

Thomas

VGB

Post by VGB »

Good luck with it TZ, it looks a great place. What does the accommodation look like?

Regards

Vince
Casting instruction - making simple things complicated since 1765

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

Skålestrømmen cabin can accommodate 4 – 7 guests.

On the ground plane there is a small room with a large top loaded freezer, 3 rooms with bunk beds for 2 and a bathroom with toilet & shower. The generous and modern open lounge is equipped with a large sofa and a fire stove, kitchen and dinner table.

On the first floor there there are two single rooms of one is used by the guide / host.

You can use 3 boats for fishing and small tours.

Parking is right in front of the hut.

Electricity supply is secured via a solar panel and a 12V network.

You find pictures on http://www.skalestrommen.no
Janesch

Post by Janesch »

Who will be guiding there?
"Plenty of time to sleep when you`r dead" Trout bum narrator...

"Your grandmas honey palinka taste like somebody poured gasoline on my pancakes." Rich Knoles

Return to “Announcements”