PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Casting - RIO Intouch Outbound Short - Boron rod

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

ACW
Answers: 0

Post by ACW »

Andy, go with the little guy and keep him hydrated with beer. :D :D

Cheers
Lasse[/quote]
Lasse ,the beer tokens were sent earlier today :whistle: t hope my skills are up to getting 75% of its potential!
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Brilliant - thanks Andy!!!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
ACW

Post by ACW »

well its a superb bit of kit ,works well with a gt90 ,went to the Walthamstow resser monday and it casts my bugs on single fly tapered leader extremely acurately,and even better handles a 18ft 3 fly leader extremely well .Fishing distances reached with a lift back cast double haul and 25 yards aprox with next to no effort.
I have no doubt it will handle fish well,however due to the recent heat wave the south of the UK has endured the fish are not playing
I have a couple of pics but my techno skills are not up to posting.
Only worry was a screech as i was extending line ,easily cured with a little mucilin type dressing (other brands available)
ACW

Post by ACW »

And today I finally got my string pulled and the HT is a beast for landing fish quickly .
3 rainbows best around 4lbs ,all in the net before they really knew what happened first two needed a delicate close in presentain of an 18ft+ leader ,easy peasy .the last was a long shot ,lordy i had to get of mt sitting on the bank ,cast one pull and the middle dropper was grabbed ,2 minutes later unhooked and the B*** slooshed me buzzing of into the water .

when are you making a HT #2 .
ACW

Post by ACW »

And today I finally got my string pulled and the HT is a beast for landing fish quickly .
3 rainbows best around 4lbs ,all in the net before they really knew what happened first two needed a delicate close in presentain of an 18ft+ leader ,easy peasy .the last was a long shot ,lordy i had to get of mt sitting on the bank ,cast one pull and the middle dropper was grabbed ,2 minutes later unhooked and the B*** slooshed me buzzing of into the water .

when are you making a HT #2 .
BTW just looking for a DT line
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I think a 2 is impossible in this length and action, Andy. Maybe an 8ft but then that’s different. GT90 may be a little overweight. I’ll buy some 4s. I’ve used SA Supreme - nice line!! And some Chinese lines that are spot on AFFTA - a bit rough but I silicone them anyway and they are then slick as hell.

I have no problems with this rod turning big fish over. 8lbs brown on Kola, 10lb Gourami Malaysia. Fighting wise there is nothing this rod can’t do that a 6 can. But on the flip side when playing fish that have run you to the backing then a 4 is far better than a 6. All that weight of the 6 pops hooks.

I’m pleased you love it. I don’t know why but many 4WTs are designed soft in the butt. That slows the rod right down.

I’m off to Hungary tomorrow or day after. I’m back first third of October. Will try to hook up for a day’s fishing then :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Paul. Are you in the UK around the 20th of october?
I noticed there is the BFCC meeting in Essex. Maybe we can repeat what we did a decade ago.
I can crush your #5 record because I will be in awesome shape :).
You can also certify casters for your essential casting challange.
Isn’t this a super idea?! :)

Sorry for being off-topic
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Great idea but no unfortunately I fly back to Malaysia on the 15th!! It might be possible to change but I’ll have to have a think about that first :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Paul Arden wrote:It might be possible to change but I’ll have to have a think about that first :)
I see possibillities here :)

Return to “Flycasting”