PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Next year’s HT competition

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi guys and girls,

Just to let you know that I’m ordering your shirts this week. Sorry it’s taken a while. Sexyloops - it’s faster than a flysawp. :cool:

I’d like some ideas for next years comp. I know Mike has put one through and I like it. Hell we might do that in addition or on the alternate year.

One idea I had was the best or funniest short movie. Say 10 or 20 seconds. A bit like the movies I used to make on Sexyloops pre-YouTube.

Can be shot and edited on a smartphone.

What do you think? I’ll provide a Sexyloops Competiton watermark and best video wins the rod.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

OK I can see you're all thinking about that idea. Alternatively how about the sexiest loop shot? :)

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Richard
Answers: 0

Post by Richard »

Hi Paul, what about the most fun training exercise... in addition to a very happy winner, it would create a series of exercises for instructors to use and pupils to improve!
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

That’s an interesting idea!

Flycasting Definitions
bartdezwaan
Answers: 0

Post by bartdezwaan »

Sorry Paul, but I don't no what the rules where for the last competition you had.
I had a bit of a sabbatical around that time.

Was it the best picture and story?

If that is the case. Why not just I price for the best picture/video.
I see far to few pictures coming by with HT's on it.
It needs to be easy and fun to do. Taking a picture is easy, but you can be creative.
Writing a story always turns me off. If I write a story it ends up boring with only facts in it.

Cheers,
Bart
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

The options were open ended. Best story, photo, video etc. Everyone chose to write a story with some photos. Best photo suits those with photography skills. That’s why I suggested best video. Best short 10s video in this regards might be more to do with concept rather than the fiming/editing. If you have a look at http://www.sexyloops.com/movies/ there are a hell of a lot of 10-15sec videos that might give inspiration. And nowadays editing is very easy on a smartphone or laptop.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”