PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Facebook

Moderator: Paul Arden

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Facebook

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Wonder who wants to buy those messages :D

Cheers
Lasse

Ps. Yes, I can easily see very nasty reasons to buy private messages!
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Torsten

Facebook

Post by Torsten »

The popularity of facebook is going downhill already, Paul - see [1]. Now the youth is using snapchat, instagram etc.
I've never understood the Facebook hype, I think the software sucks - in groups are in my opinion no useful conversations possible. Somebody could expect that there are discussions happening, but I've found not much about fly casting - OK Tobias group - but in my opinion not much activity there. Maybe I'm missing something.

--

[1] Teens are abandoning Facebook in dramatic numbers, study finds. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... er-numbers
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Torsten. Interesting link.

I try to avoid FC discussions on FB. It’s impossible to keep track of the discussion or make a long meaningful post. I figure if I’m going to put the time in then it needs to be searchable by everyone on the Net.

Also I’ve moved private discussions from Messenger to WhatsApp. Google and Gmail are also concerning.

Ironically I used to think it was too expensive to hold all that information. Now I realise that’s where the money has moved.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
rowdy

Facebook

Post by rowdy »

I think facebook owns WhatsApp so they probably still have access to those private conversations anyway. It's all becoming very inter-related on that social media scene now.
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Facebook

Post by Paul Arden »

That’s a very good point. I moved over for the encryption. No doubt FB is using all that too. I think it’s very much in breach of any sort of trust!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Walter

Facebook

Post by Walter »

Seeing your updates on Facebook reminds me to come to Sexyloops to see the latest round of childish behaviour.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Lasse Karlsson

Facebook

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Walter wrote:Seeing your updates on Facebook reminds me to come to Sexyloops to see the latest round of childish behaviour.
Funny, I look at FB debates for that :D
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Walter

Facebook

Post by Walter »

This way I get a double dose of childishness.
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Gilgamesh

Facebook

Post by Gilgamesh »

Lasse Karlsson wrote:Wonder who wants to buy those messages :D

Cheers
Lasse

Ps. Yes, I can easily see very nasty reasons to buy private messages!
Hope I don't get to eat my word some day, but I doubt I have something worth stealing, so no real worries....

I recently discovered the joys of blocking people on FB and Whatsapp :pirate:
Torsten wrote:The popularity of facebook is going downhill already, Paul - see [1]. Now the youth is using snapchat, instagram etc.
I've never understood the Facebook hype, I think the software sucks - in groups are in my opinion no useful conversations possible. Somebody could expect that there are discussions happening, but I've found not much about fly casting - OK Tobias group - but in my opinion not much activity there. Maybe I'm missing something.

--

[1] Teens are abandoning Facebook in dramatic numbers, study finds. https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... er-numbers
It will go away to some degree in the very near future, celebs are hiring companies to manage their social media and everything else mentioned already.
If I didn't say it, I'm a bit sick & tired of it, but there is no better way to keep contact with so many people.
Neil Owens

Facebook

Post by Neil Owens »

2.2 billion active users says Facebook is the most used social media system on the planet. By absolutely miles. No other social media system comes remotely close.

Facebook is going to be around for quite a while yet.

Return to “Announcements”