PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Two Minutes of Fly Fishing

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

Two minutes is perfect for FFB and I can knock out videos two per week when I get a bit more slick. Most of the video was edited on the phone. But then I transferred to laptop for music, bomb, subtle HT advert and titles. And then back to the phone for Sexyloops.tv watermark and upload. Then it was back to the laptop for embedding in SLTV and the Frontpage.

I’d like to streamline this process :p

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Willy Franzen
Answers: 0

Post by Willy Franzen »

I love seeing how fast your shots are and watching you slip line on the pickup. The slo-mo really demonstrates what you're talking about in a lot of your posts on here.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Willy! Interesting for me too. While obviously I figured out a lot of this stuff on the boat, it was really only when trying to teach it to others did I get to find out what I was doing. I was surprised in that first shot to see myself completely release the line on the forward shoot and reach forward to catch it so that I could immediately strip the popper as it landed. I didn’t know I was doing that (I thought I was always shooting through my fingers).

Something else I found interesting was that I’m starting the forward cast slipping line. Makes sense when you think about it. That’s going to be hard to teach.

Anyway I’m really impressed with this GoPro and plan to make short clips one of our things. It’s an added complication trying to make sure that the camera is pointing in the right direction :laugh:

Looking forward to showing you guys more of this fishing.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Willy Franzen

Post by Willy Franzen »

Paul Arden wrote:Something else I found interesting was that I’m starting the forward cast slipping line. Makes sense when you think about it. That’s going to be hard to teach.
Totally missed this the first few times I watched. It appears to be one continuous slip from pick up through backcast and into forward cast. And the haul seems to be about as late as it could possibly be. Very cool.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

There is certainly a moment where connection is made with the flyline to make the backcast. It’s hard to see it though. A zebra marked line would help. I’ll mark one up! It would be good for teaching too.

Thanks for the idea!
Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Willy Franzen

Post by Willy Franzen »

Paul Arden wrote:There is certainly a moment where connection is made with the flyline to make the backcast. It’s hard to see it though. A zebra marked line would help. I’ll mark one up! It would be good for teaching too.
It would also be interesting to see the backcast with a zebra marked line. I'd love to see a full frame side view of these casts.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Yes it will be very interesting. I think on the Speys I’m slipping line under tension. That will help clear that up too.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
piffilus

Post by piffilus »

It's a wonderful clip and I can't wait to come back. Just a little more than two months now. Yay!!
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s going to be fantastic mate!

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I know you've probably told me already but I can't remember: what line are you running on the rod?

I want to practice those casts and don't want to make the learning curve harder it needs to be.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Return to “Announcements”