PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Board upgrade

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Board upgrade

Post by Paul Arden »

It works, I can find the threads with Dr Bill (he must be 92 today).
Wow!!! :pirate:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Fixed the Avatars. Job done! :D

Flycasting Definitions
David Gianfaldoni
Answers: 1

Post by David Gianfaldoni »

Great job Paul! Thanks for revive the old board. :)
david
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks David! It’s quite a relief that it all worked out :D

It will be interesting to see if the Board before this can be revived as well. But that will take a while - the hard drive with the database is locked away in Hungary.

I’m very impressed with the latest phpbb forum software. It’s come on quite a long way since I last installed it some 5 years ago :D

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I think this new Board version is fantastic. Particularly on my phone :)

Incidentally you can drag and drop photos into the posting box. The Media embed tag is extremely easy to use. There was a problem searching the archived Board but that is now fixed.

If you see any modifications on other Boards that you like do let me know. The modifications are quite easy now.

Something I’m considering is links to casting definitions and terms and acronyms somewhere at the top.

I plan to restart the Snapcast email list soon, have a weekly roundup and include latest topics on the Board. I would like for us to have more members posting. I answer a lot of casting and fishing questions via email. I always try to push them here.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Incidentally you can post emoticons straight from your phone on this board 😘 (that’s one I usually save for Ashly) but also of interest is that you can simply drag and drop images straight into the posting box. (I can’t remember what size restrictions I’ve set or numbers of images allowed but I’ll check now).

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Ok you can attach 10 files/images per post (changed from three). Max size for each is 4MB. For private messaging one file/image per message with a max size of 1MB.

It would be nice practise to resize images to around 100-200Kb. Usually a width of around 800-1000px is plenty. I’ll leave it higher however because PDF documents are usually pretty large.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
jarmo
Answers: 1

Post by jarmo »

Hello!

In the SL forum, when you go to the "Active topics" page, and click on a topic, you are taken to the first post of that topic.

On some other boards I frequently visit, the corresponding click takes me the newest post of that topic. This happens only when I click the topic from the "Active topics" page. This is a really nice feature, because when you are following some topic actively, you usually want to see the newest stuff first. Let us call this property "Feature Q."

It is possible to access the newest stuff pretty quickly by clicking the last page, so this is not a biggie. Still, I was still wondering whether it would be possible to enable "Feature Q"? I do not maintain any phpBB boards, so I do not know where the corresponding bit is located.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Jarmo, I’ll have a look through the modifications. I’m sure there will be a MOD for this. Ie you want to be taken to the post immediately following the last time you accessed? I’ll look into this!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Announcements”