PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

170 stopless cast

Torsten
Answers: 0

Re: 170 stopless cast

Post by Torsten »

Paul,

ICSF fly accuracy: 1 dry fly round (with false casting) and 1 wet fly round (only pick up/lay down) with 10 casts each / 5 points per hit = 100 pts. max.
You need to use the T38 line, hovering is not done, usually you know how much to strip - the risk is when you make one fault many following casts fail.
The WC is usually not won by the points but rather by the time (often more than the first 5 have 100 points). We have some good club members - one hits the 100 in less then 1:20 min. - but he can't start at the WC because of the bloody qualification system that we have.
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:04 pm Oh that’s a pity. I was hoping they had a SF and Lumiline freestyle competition. I might have a chance of wining something :)

Pickup and lay down right? With strip measure?
SF and lumiline, mmmmh, you wouldn't stand a chance mate 😉

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

on a floating raft...
Blimey Torsten. I’ll have to try with a T38. Is this over water?

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Hi Paul,

The rules are on the ICSF website, happy to clarify any queries.

I hope we all have the opportunity to cross dress next year. You would not have any problems adjusting to the heavier gear, distance or accuracy. The challenge in the fly accuracy is completing your round with a perfect 100 points in a time of 55 to 75 seconds.

John
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Blimey Torsten. I’ll have to try with a T38. Is this over water?
All 9 ICSF events are cast over grass. You can find a (German) teaching videos here:

Fly accuracy T38

Fly distance T38
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

That's very impressive, Torsten. Excellent videos - thank you.

Michael Brösch's casting pants are quite something.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

I know :)
He is one of the very best, have seen him casting T120 over 85m (~280ft) and able to cast T38 70m+. Was once active for Berlin until we got trouble with sport politics.
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Michael is a great caster and last time I saw him he was wearing far more garish pants than in the video, he must have decided to dress down for the camera. Heinz is currently World Champion, one of many won since he broke into the German Casting Team in the late 90s. I want to honour the memory of Bernt Matchewsky the caster filmed casting accuracy. The last time I saw him was in 2013 and very sadly, he passed away in 2014 but his extensive legacy to casting and rod design lives on through his son, Theo and his solid tip rods. Both father and son won a number of World Championships using solid tip rods.

John

John
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Outstanding form in the accuracy. What size are the splash pans? I’m guessing if it bounces in its out. Ticks are zero?

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Sixty cms Paul. You are right, no bounces. Ticks are not penalised. They used to be but were difficult to pick up so for a period a plastic strip was placed in front to identify the ticks but that was not a success.

John

Return to “Casting Sport”