PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Excellent FP on modeling

Moderator: Torsten

Walter
Answers: 0

Re: Excellent FP on modeling

Post by Walter »

I thought I just did. :upside:
"There can be only one." - The Highlander. :pirate:

PS. I have a flying tank. Your argument is irrelevant.

PSS. How to generate a climbing loop through control of the casting stroke is left as a (considerable) exercise to the reader.
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

I believe engineers and scientists have been.
FFi CCI
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

You have it very well written in post #36, Paul, not much to add for me!

@all
My intention of the lift thread was to investigate the influence of the lift-induced drag (this is the standard aerodynamics term) and not lift or rising in general. We can call it DOG - although this a bit funny abbreviation. My fault was that I've not clearly enough defined the scope of this topic and the topic title was also misleading. I'm not sure yet if I'll open up a new one with a summary and roadmap or if I'll continue the old one - have to think about this, tell me if you have some preferences.

--

For the fly line simulations: there was one online many years ago from Jeff Kommers, later Gatti-Bono made a numerical model then Wang et.al. ..
From the aesthetic perspective none has really convinced me; e.g. roundish loop shapes, no morphing, very short line etc.

That's my motivation to work on something, but that's still not official, psst :laugh:
Magnus

Post by Magnus »

Torsten

With due respect, I understand why it seemed like a descent idea, but this business of chopping up threads and moving them is getting confusing and not a little annoying - I posted questions for you after #43 which are now not after #43 - should I ask them again? That post contains a fairly serious error as far as I can see, and its now back there unquestioned?

Magnus
"Actually I can't because you are right! " Paul Arden 8/6/2019
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Magnus,

it is my moderation style and I'll continue moving posts to keep posts on topic. Of course you're right, sometimes it's not ideal because posts are chronologically ordered, have to find a solution for that.
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

@Magnus: have inserted the relevant quote, now it should make sense.

Return to “Flycasting Physics”