PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Truck

Moderator: Haggisboy

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Truck

Post by Paul Arden »

Have a new truck ordered. Buying a new (FFS!) D-Max. Going to do the taxi run from the airport 4 times a month to pay for it :p

Obviously I will take it 4x4ing as well :ninja:

It sure beats my current taxi driver who brings some random members of his family along to keep him company :laugh:

For many years I used to buy old cars from scrap dealers. It will be nice to have something I can really kick the shit out of!!!

Going to buy a white one on the strength of Graeme’s advice (colder on the sun) and then paint it to like a Snakehead,

I’ll post the before and after photos.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Graeme H
Answers: 0

Re: Truck

Post by Graeme H »

Nice! :D

I look forward to taking a ride.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

There was a big report done by a Danish motor-owners association about the internal temperatures on cars left in the sun. In short, their conclusion was the colour of the car was on minimal importance. However the colour of the interior was of quite high significance. Just FIY :-).

Congrats on the new car - can't wait to see it!

Lars
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Interesting. I wonder if they tested in the tropics? Can you find and share the report please Lars?

It regularly reaches more than 38˚ C here in Perth in summer. I have a white car. My wife has a dark grey one. I know I'd rather get into mine than hers when they are both parked in the sun.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Since it was done in Denmark, I doubt it was testes in tropic temperatures :D

However the same should apply, the interiors colour makes a big difference, what colour is your dashboard Graeme? And do you have tinted windows?

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It also makes a difference for economy and air con https://phys.org/news/2011-10-silver-wh ... ooler.html

Cheers, Paul

Edit here is another one: https://www.autotrader.com/car-video/ca ... deo-242940
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Graeme - as I remember the test, one of the arguments apart from the colour of the interior was that the heating happens through the windows more than through the body of the car. Can that explain the difference between your's and your wife's car?

I'll have a look and see if I can find the test (which will be in Danish).

Lars
Boisker

Post by Boisker »

I can imagine having white exterior or avoiding all dark exterior / interior all has some benefit, but in the grand scheme of things marginal.... if you’re in the tropics or a hot day anywhere, stuck in traffic... without air con you’re screwed :D
More modern vehicles and the higher end (although they’ve become pretty common and are an option on most) solar attenuating windows are supposed to make a difference...
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

I think you're right, Boisker - and my problem is I can't stand that dry, cold air from and air-con - so I sweat - and suffer - and hydrate :-).

Lars
Graeme H

Post by Graeme H »

Viking Lars wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:03 pm Graeme - as I remember the test, one of the arguments apart from the colour of the interior was that the heating happens through the windows more than through the body of the car. Can that explain the difference between your's and your wife's car?

I'll have a look and see if I can find the test (which will be in Danish).

Lars
I don't think so. My car is a large 4WD wagon and hers is a small sedan. I have more windows.

To be clear, I'm talking about getting into the car on a hot day. Once we drive in either car, the AC in each car makes the climate inside comfortable.

I'll wait to read the report (if I can) before making any further comments. Without reading what that report says, I can't argue or agree with it.

Cheers,
Graeme
FFi CCI

Return to “Manshit”