PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF

John Waters
Answers: 0

Re: ICSF

Post by John Waters »

It all depends on what costs the Swedish Federation need to recover from competitors Michal eg accomodation, food, facilities and services etc. That will be the case irrespective of whether the Fly Casting and the Inland Casting are held together or not. There are few, if any, economies of scale with respect to the cost of holding a WC. Some ICSF Affiliated bodies will/may contribute to the total cost but that will be determined into next year. I cannot recall the competitor costs for Cumbria but I would not be surprised if the costs are as you have heard.

John
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

I hope it doesn't end up in that much :oh:
Cumbria was €270 for the package, and €20 pr. event one entered and a €20 fee for stigning up pr. person as far as I remember, but I have gotten to be an old fart so memory might be sliding.... :whistle:

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Thanks Lasse, I could not remember last year’s details either. Given that, I too trust 2020 will be less than Michal’s reported cost. I look forward to seeing the package from Sweden for both events.

John
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Me too.Should not take long now, I think
Cheers
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Is there any news on the casting pools that were hoped to be built in Sweden - did the project go ahead?
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Hi John,
It simply did not draw enough spectators. I like the wording of the cited reason for non admission, a nice way of saying, no spectators, no play.
Our senior coach said the same (he was in Duisburg 2004), too unattractive for the public, events scattered around the casting field, for spectators difficult to follow what happens there. For many here World Games / Championships etc. are perhaps not that much important - because only the elite starts there and most are not allowed to start at these events without qualification.

I'd prefer myself if casting and it's image is improved on regional level with PR work.
Just as an aside, has anyone any information about fly fishing, or other fishing events and what support they get from the fishing fraternity in their country? If the future is aligning casting to fishing with respect to gear, activity etc etc, then maybe the success of that will be seen with fishing championships.
The German fishing associations are basically financing the casting sport system here. We had also combined events fishing and casting. The problem is, the financing is slowly falling apart - one reason is perhaps that the new generation of fishing officials can't identify themself with casting. In Berlin for example the local (west-Berlin) fishing association partly cancelled the financing of the casting sport a few years ago. Their argument was, that only the casting elite is financed and not casting as "mass sport" for the anglers, that casting sport is an isolated system without influence from them. They leaved then also the Berlin casting association, no sponsorship from the Berlin sports association etc. etc. We lost ~20T€/year sponsored money.

--

About the WC costs, I've found this in the invitation 2018, Ronneby Sweden:
https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/uploa ... sement.pdf
Cost per person in a junior suite, three-bed room, 7 800 SEK.
Cost per person in single room 8 800 SEK.
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

James9118 wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:54 am Is there any news on the casting pools that were hoped to be built in Sweden - did the project go ahead?
As faar as I've heard through the grapewine, it was cancelled..
I have a hunch they are looking at the site where the nordic championships where held, but its purely a hunch...

And the price Torsten quotes from the WC in Rønneby would exclude a bunch of competitors from entering, €730 pr. person would have me going some where else for the money...

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:16 pm
And the price Torsten quotes from the WC in Rønneby would exclude a bunch of competitors from entering, €730 pr. person would have me going some where else for the money...

Cheers
Lasse
Fuck yeah - Tracy and I can have two weeks fishing in the Bahamas for less.
I always thought that with the ICSF involvement things would get more expensive ultimately leading to a group splintering off to have their own, cheaper championships.

Fancy casting for beers?
James :D
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Just checked on money converter
8800SEK = 822.947€, or 1300AUD, wow.
And it is for 6 days from Tuesday till Sunday. I cant afford 6 days, plus most of it would be looking at something I am not interested in while I am waiting for my turn.

- Is it 100% confirm that FLY CASTING WC WITH FISHING TACKLE will be a part of the entire WC in casting sport?
- Is it still in discussion if FLY CASTING WC WITH FISHING TACKLE will have its own weekend?
- Could I come and pay for 3 days instead 6? I only cast 3 events.
Cheers
Mike
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

I don't think it's 100% - but I'm guessing that's part of the ICSF congress discussions next week.

Return to “Casting Sport”