PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: ICSF

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

John Waters wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:24 am
Casting pool looks pretty good,

John
Photoshop is mercyful 😉 Wonder if it gets build, but it does look funny that the two big events are speyorama and casting sport 😳

Anyway, hats of to the huge amount of work people in Sweden have put down for this!

At least I'll swing by as a spectator 🙂

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

Nice to see that the biggest grass area for the ICSF events 2,5,6,7 & 9 is a football pitch that measures just 110m - lets hope that its not too windy or from the East/West as it wont be big enough. They will struggle to get 8 courts.
sms

Post by sms »

4 days of competing, out of which only one if I’d do only spey. Seven days in total and cost FROM 600 to 800 EUR.
I’m really considering skipping. Too much time required and getting too expensive.
I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Sakari, if the schedule in the proposal holds up, it seems you can just do one day as a spey caster, and I suspect there will be a price difference then, but let's see in Januar when the invitations come out... Have to find a Icsf membership too apperantly 😳

Cheers
Lasse

bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Lasse Karlsson wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 am Have to find a Icsf membership too apperantly 😳
Did you read this somewhere Lasse? Sorry, I didn't go through all the documents.
I hate to be negative, but it seems like a no go for me too. If I have to arrange an ICSF membership and am required to stay in the selected places for 600-800E it will be to expensive.

Cheers, Bart
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Same here, but lets wait till January.
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

Many federations (see point 1.) require to decrease membership fees to a minimum or not to pay for it at all. They say that it is a high amount and they will not take part in the World Championship. Their reasoning is that only several competitors practice this sport in their countries and in that case the amount is high. They also say that they did not receive the contribution from the state or the ministry. The fact is and ICSF also informs them that this is not the matter of the international federation, but definitely it is the matter of individual national federations. ICSF is not responsible and cannot influence sport activities in individual national federations, because these activities depend only on them.

These federations should process the system of competitions, build their membership base and spend time and money on young competitors.
Following much hard work (still not in the fortunate position to be government funded) and having enough members interested so that the cost can be thinly spread , I can more or less agree with the final statement above. Put the time in and make the competitions happen then you never know.

The other option is associate membership of ICSF which incurs no cost and has no voting rights. This is open only to nations where no current ICSF registration is held. If your nation already has a registered organisation, then obviously it’s them you speak too.

Cheers
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

Paul Arden wrote: Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:20 pm Got a similar problem here Bart. Perhaps more complicated because there is ICSF membership in Malaysia but I’m not sure if it’s current or who is paying. I did try writing to the listed association but never had a reply. This will be one for others to fix :D Malaysia was granted trial membership a few years ago so Ashly could compete. But it’s listed as a different club now.

Fortunately triathlon is cheaper :D

Cheers, Paul
The currently listing can be replaced if it’s been inactive for (I think) 3 years
Lasse Karlsson

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

bartdezwaan wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:29 am
Lasse Karlsson wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:19 am Have to find a Icsf membership too apperantly 😳
Did you read this somewhere Lasse? Sorry, I didn't go through all the documents.
I hate to be negative, but it seems like a no go for me too. If I have to arrange an ICSF membership and am required to stay in the selected places for 600-800E it will be to expensive.

Cheers, Bart
Hi Bart

Well it has been since the beginning that one needed to be a member, fully understandable!
In 2010 I chased down who had the membership in Denmark, it was the national Sport fishing association DSF, I am a member so no problem participating in the previous world championships. At present the association is bleeding members and thus have to cut costs, and have decided to cancel the membership of ICSF... Hence the need to find a membership 😉 not doing it on my own, so need a association or club to back it...

I'm betting on the ability to stay in other places than the official hotels, so I wouldn't worry until things are published in Januar.

Cheers
Lasse

bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Thanks Lasse.
I have never been a member and was granted permission to compete.

Cheers, Bart

Return to “Casting Sport”