PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF

John Waters
Answers: 0

Re: ICSF

Post by John Waters »

That’s correct Michal, Wlodek now lives in the US and this year cast for the US. Best distance caster I have seen and a great bloke. Poland has a tiered structure, the ICSF fee is paid by PZW, so all members of the PZW selected casting team can compete at WCs, representing Poland. The best thing to do is contact PZW and they will advise your options.
As for Australia, you will have to be a member of an affiliated club, or a private member of the ACF. Cost would be approx $80 to $100. A registered caster fee of $25 would be added to cover tournament associated costs such as insurance, facilities hire etc. In addition to the above costs, you would need to contribute your share of the 680 Euro fee to the ICSF. Your contribution would be on a prorata basis, if you and I go, you pay half, if I/you go alone, I/ you pay the full 680 Euro. The ICSF fee is due 31st. January, each year.
The ACF will run selection events most probably in Melbourne during 2020, and the Swedish Casting Federation will be advised of the Australian representative/s who will compete in the 2020 WCs according to the timetable set by Sweden.
Australian casters pay full fare on entry fees, accomodation etc as no sponsorship or grant monies are available to offset individuals’ costs.
The Australian situation is common to countries with few casters, as per Bart’s post above, the only difference with Australia is the cost of airfares to get to the bloody event.

John
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

John Waters wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:36 am The best thing to do is contact PZW and they will advise your options

John
Hi John, according to Wlodek, that would be the worst thing to do. they dont like eachother :D
PZC( club B) also doesnt like PZW and it is indipendent. I dont know in which way PZC works with ICSF, but the fee is waved.
... but this 680$€ fee its a shocker. Lets say I belong somewhere and I go alone to Sweden.
( Bart are you reading this :whistle: ). In order to participate I would have to pay 680€ ICSF fee, and then maybe more thab 800€ for the 10 days event- do I get it right?
It is fucking expensive( sorry for my French) for waving a stick with an orange line on it, and in case you win - get a handshake.

It is weird....
Mike
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

I think there may be a misunderstanding Michal, I am aware of the
Polish situation but PZW is the Polish affiliate of the ICSF.
A suggestion may be to contact the ICSF directly and get the facts. You’re right, been doing that for years.

John
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Michal Duzynski wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:43 am ( Bart are you reading this :whistle: ). In order to participate I would have to pay 680€ ICSF fee, and then maybe more thab 800€ for the 10 days event- do I get it right?
Mike
Oh yes, I am reading :( .

Following up on Lee's post. The ICSF states it is not their responsibility to get the Casting Sport in individual nations going.
I can understand they think like this. But as we speak I am trying to get this going in Holland and one important aspect is that we are working towards the WC. This is what motivates everyone.
Yesterday I asked some people, who where considering going, what they would do if the costs are as mentioned. They will not go, as will I.
Making the WC less accessible might also have an impact on the Casting Sport in individual nations. I think this is something that should not be ignored.

I know the invitations are expected in January, but it would be a shame if everyone drops out and the organizers where not aware that this was such a big issue. At least we have spoken now.

Cheers, Bart
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

How many interested casters have you got together up to now Bart?
bartdezwaan

Post by bartdezwaan »

Lee Cummings wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 9:16 am How many interested casters have you got together up to now Bart?
5 said that they are interested to go. Under the condition that they have improved their casting and depending on the costs.
So all very uncertain.

Cheers, Bart
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Well done Bart, I hope they all get to Sweden.

John
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

Same here John, good luck Bart!
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

We have a Malaysian Casting meet next Sunday. I’ve sent them a copy of this thread.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
James9118

Post by James9118 »

The question that I keep coming back to is; what exactly are the ICSF bringing to the party?
How did the world championships change between the Norwegian federation running it and the ICSF?
From what I saw Lee and family did everything in the run-up to Cumbria 2018 - was there any practical help from the ICSF?
Having seen their accounts released for the AGM, this is an organisation with 27,000 Euro in cash in the bank - yet it wants to put the fees up in the face of falling participation. Anyone who's attended a finance 101 class knows that when supply exceeds demand prices fall - it seems that ICSF do not believe in simple economics.

I think we all know where this is going - the fly casters will splinter off again and organise their own world championships at a much lower cost. To me it's just a question of when not if.

James.

Return to “Casting Sport”