PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Swedish Worlds 2020

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: Swedish Worlds 2020

Post by Paul Arden »

I was talking to some of my Italian friends yesterday, just making sure everyone was alright. And they are all fine, which is great. Some of them may have had a mild case of it.

My niece we think had a mild case of it. As did most of her classmates from a trip to France. One of my sisters appears to have it at the moment. She has a fever. I’m sure she will be fine.

The real damage, I think, is people who lose their jobs, their homes. It’s incredible. And I’ve noticed that since the lockdown there is a lot more fear about this bloody virus.

Anyway I’ll do a shopping tomorrow and bugger off somewhere remote until this thing is over. Can’t wait to get in my sailing boat and leave the madness behind.

Cheers, Paul

PS if I had time I’d put face masks over all the Board smilies 😷
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
flyfisher666
Answers: 0

Post by flyfisher666 »

The following is a letter that just went out to inform everybody.

Dear friends, flycasters of the world!

I hope you all are fine and can protect yourself and your families from Coronavirus. We all know how important it is to take care of each other, friends and family, and to respect the rules to protect older people from the virus. Together this is possible to handle over time, even if right now is a tough time for many countries and families around the world.

To meet you all later in August or in worst case next year in Sweden is something we are looking forward to.

Information about World Championships in Flycasting 2020
This was supposed to be an invitation to the World Championships in Flycasting 2020. But due to the current situation, with the coronavirus and the countermeasures to slow down its spreading, the Swedish Casting Federation have decided to postpone the invitation and registration, until things are clearer.

At the moment only the invitation is postponed. The Swedish Casting Federation will make a decision on whether the WC will be cancelled no later then May 15th. Anyone that needs to book any travels or lodging before this decision is advised to do so with cancellation protection.

Lower cost for participating
On a somewhat happier note I can inform you that it is decided that the starting fee will be per event instead of 'all in one'. The fee will be 65€ per event and caster. Lunch will be 10€ per day, at the arena, and banquette 35€.

Accommodation
We have prebooked 4-bed cabins at a local camping, and the price for five nights is from 100 – 170€ per person. If you plan to stay the duration of the championship this is the recommended accommodation. We will get back to you with more information about how to apply for the accommodation. There are also several hotels and B&B's in the area for those who prefer that.

If you have any questions send an e-mail to casting@casting.rf.se, pjoakimkarlsson@hotmail.com, or give Joakim a call, +46 70 8413924.

Until we meet, please take care of you, stay healthy and keep on flycasting!

Best regards, Swedish Casting Federation Joakim Karlsson Tournament Director
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks for the update Joakim!!

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

Hi guys
I know Joakim siad that the final decision will be around 15 of May, but today I saw this message today, so does it mean it is officialy cancelled?
We are still ICSF right?

cheers
mike
Michal Duzynski

Attachments
Screenshot_20200422-075108_Chrome-600x1067.jpg
flyfisher666

Post by flyfisher666 »

I also saw that yesterday. And as we are part of ISCF I'd say it is pretty certain it won't be any wc this year. Not official yet, but I expect the board for swedish casting federation will follow ISCF.

//Joakim
sms

Post by sms »

I'm here just for the chicks.

-Sakke
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

Thanks Joakim, if you can let me know as soon as it is official I would be very happy. I have a few people I've promised to inform as soon as I know. I only hope that next year is OK. Hope that you are well up there! :pirate:

Thanks guys.

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
Michal Duzynski

Thank you Joakim
flyfisher666

Post by flyfisher666 »

It's official. WC in flycasting will be postponed until 2021.

//Joakim

Return to “Casting Sport”