PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Mobile Kits

Moderator: Viking Lars

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Mobile Kits

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ve bought a bigger tool box for my kit this week. It’s always a mistake because it doesn’t matter how big the box I always have to sit on it to close it. Anyway my question is how do you organise your materials, capes etc? Zip lock bags or something more easily searchable. I would like to get my kit fully sorted for guests whenever they can arrive!!

Thanks, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars
Answers: 0

Re: Mobile Kits

Post by Viking Lars »

If you're talking about fly tying kits, I personally don't have a permanently, mobile kit. But when I'm on the moce, I tend to store materials by pattern in separate zip-lck bags or compartments in one of my (many - no surpise there, I suppose) fly tying bags. Of course I don't put in a spool of black thread and say silver tinsel in all zip-locks.
By doing it this way, I completely eliminate "nice-to-have" items, which I'd otherwise have in abundance :-).

Lars
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ll take some pics back on the boat. Mostly zip lock bags of course. If would be nice to organise those somehow :p Organising hooks and threads seems impossible to me!
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
t.z.
Answers: 0

Post by t.z. »

Here's what I use since many years - excerpts of my book FlyTying ...
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 01.00.16.png
Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 01.00.24.png
Screenshot 2021-09-05 at 01.01.26.png

Return to “Flytying”