PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

WC - overall

HenryM
Answers: 0

Re: WC - overall

Post by HenryM »

Hello WP,
About your question about Teams scoring. Last year, I saw a draft of the Fly Casting rules where someone had added team rules - but then edited most of that away. So the short answer is that there are no Teams competitions in Fly Casting (yet). In the classical Casting, the members of a Team representing a country must be named before the competition starts. Then, they cast like everyone else and their scores (in the relevant events) get added for ranking the teams. So it's really just an extra calculation that lets some delegations be more proud than others. If you call it bragging rights for a bit of ribbing then it's a great idea. The classical Casting teams have 4 men (2 for women) and the scores of the most common events (1-5) count. I am guessing that there weren't enough fly casting teams yet to justify a Teams competition. Of course, one could have simply required 5 countries (or whatever number) before a Teams award can be given instead of not even putting it into the rules.
Henry
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

The real benefit of teams I see as being sponsorship. It would be interesting to know who is sponsored. Sweden, Norway, USA I assume. I see this aspect as fundamental to the growth of the competition/sport.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Dung Fly
Answers: 0

Post by Dung Fly »

Create some rules, numbers in the team, which events are included etc. pretty sure that once the ICSF board see how successful they are they will be easy to adopt.

Return to “Casting Sport”