PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Best user friendly photo editing software

Moderator: JanMan

Mac78
Answers: 0

Post by Mac78 »

I'm starting to get good results from my Canon G15 and have been using the Canon software and Picassa to edit the photos with ok results. Any suggestions as to what is the best user friendly photo editing suite for PC, Adobe? I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but would like a little more functionality over my existing software.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

i find DPP (canon software) excellent when you take your photos in RAW (which I think you should if you use a G15). If you want to expand the number of buttons on your software and be able to use them with relative ease I'd suggest you'd get Adobe Lightroom. The 5.0 version has just been released with some cool additions to earlier versions, like auto levelling.

Cheers,
Jeroen
Blackwater

Post by Blackwater »

What Jeroen said. Also if you want a program that can do just about everything Photoshop Elements(I think it's up to V.9 or V.10 now) is a fantastic program. It is the cheaper version of Photoshop but can still do a lot of things that other programs can't. I found it very easy to use.
Keystone

Post by Keystone »

Hi,
You can download Photoshop CS2 for free try it.
Dave.
Nick

Post by Nick »

GIMP - it's free, and it can do everything.
Jeroen

Post by Jeroen »

FKROW

Post by FKROW »

I like Photoshop Elements 11 and Photoshop Premier 11 (videos) for my Canon G15 and Nikon DSLR cameras.

Regards,
FK
tomo

Post by tomo »

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdobeLightroom

lightroom, without a doubt. It IS the industry standard for processing images. Very easy to use, sliders that actually work, non destructive to your original images. This is the one.

cheers tom.

Return to “Photography”