PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

ICSF WC Flycasting Sweden 2024

Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Re: ICSF WC Flycasting Sweden 2024

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

Paul Arden wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:13 pm What I liked about 2012 is that we all met and discussed what we wanted to do. Ok we made the wrong decision :laugh: But that was the right format.
I recall the decision was to join the surfcasters, if ICSF didn't want us. They didn't initially, so we where just slow as fuck dude :D

I've told the Swedes that I'm not coming and why, maybe the rest of you should do the same.

Cheers
Lasse
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
James9118

Post by James9118 »

Looks like we may have the green shoots of change; the peasants are revolting!

The ICSF do not have any protection with regards to the words 'world championship or world champion'. As such, any group can set up a WCs and, so long as it's supported within the eyes of those competing in casting sport, then it's just as valid as an ICSF title. Rather than a championship belt like boxing, perhaps we could have socks?

Lasse - yep, I'm up for virtuals.

Paul - have you had any feedback from any of the Swedish team? I wonder what their take on it is?
Torsten

Post by Torsten »

Hi,

I think you guys get this wrong; AFAIK is the ICSF not responsible for the pricing but rather the organiser of the WC - in this case the Swedish Casting Federation (Svenska Castingförbundet). The annual fee to the ICSF is another thing though.

I've seen a document that describes the whole process (it's for classic casting);
https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/uploa ... grules.pdf

Best thing you ask the swedish federation for a statement, Paul.

Greetings,
Torsten
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

James9118 wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:58 pm
Paul - have you had any feedback from any of the Swedish team? I wonder what their take on it is?
The way I see it.
Berra will come in his pyjamas and his favourite coffee mug in hand, wins TD, then go home for lunch, come back and smash the STD :yeahhh:
Michal Duzynski

Post by Michal Duzynski »

On the serious note.
Have a look at this. This is what I'm talking about. Go through photos, see people watching.
The event is already happening, planned, paid and logistics done. Warehouse , looks like can accommodate many things from expo to casting.
All that have to be done is to find an event, and secure a spot in such a venue, and WC being held once in 2 years I reckon there is enough time.
Leave the accommodation and board to the competitors.
If you wealthy enough stay in 5 star hotel, eat caviar and drink champagne in between events and get a limo to drive you there, others can decide according to their budget.
I know, what you say- what about spey casting- well I have already covered it.
Cheers
Attachments
Screenshot_20240117_093728_Facebook_copy_768x1102.jpg
Screenshot_20240117_093747_Facebook_copy_1024x703.jpg
Screenshot_20240117_093740_Facebook_copy_1024x767.jpg
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

I’ve never liked the “countries” format. I’ve represented three so far :laugh:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Michal Duzynski wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 11:36 pm On the serious note.
Have a look at this. This is what I'm talking about. Go through photos, see people watching.
The event is already happening, planned, paid and logistics done. Warehouse , looks like can accommodate many things from expo to casting.
All that have to be done is to find an event, and secure a spot in such a venue, and WC being held once in 2 years I reckon there is enough time.
Leave the accommodation and board to the competitors.
If you wealthy enough stay in 5 star hotel, eat caviar and drink champagne in between events and get a limo to drive you there, others can decide according to their budget.
I know, what you say- what about spey casting- well I have already covered it.
Cheers
Poland have had the same for a few years now. Floor space for distance is a challenge though.

John
John Waters

Post by John Waters »

Torsten wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:40 pm Hi,

I think you guys get this wrong; AFAIK is the ICSF not responsible for the pricing but rather the organiser of the WC - in this case the Swedish Casting Federation (Svenska Castingförbundet). The annual fee to the ICSF is another thing though.

I've seen a document that describes the whole process (it's for classic casting);
https://www.icsf-castingsport.com/uploa ... grules.pdf

Best thing you ask the swedish federation for a statement, Paul.

Greetings,
Torsten
That's correct Torsten.

John
Dung Fly

Post by Dung Fly »

It’s fairly simple….
1 - generate a name (International Association of Competition Fly Casting).
2 - Agree on the Disciplines to be cast.
3 - Agree on the rules for each Discipline.
4 - Create a board/committee
5 - Agree on a format that is achievable, inclusive & economically viable.
6 - Once agreed, generate a page on an accessible medium (Sexyloops, Facebook etc.) to promote and share.
7 - Keep it simple.
VGB

Post by VGB »

Dung Fly wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:08 am 1 - generate a name (International Association of Competition Fly Casting).
The People's Popular Fly Casting Front?
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching

Return to “Casting Sport”