PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

casting effects of different grip positioning

Moderator: Lee Cummings

Vicente G
Answers: 0

casting effects of different grip positioning

Post by Vicente G »

hi guys, I've been noticing that when I started spey casting I used to grab the rod very high on the cork, almost at the top independent of the line length I was using, but that was almost 4 years ago, now I've noticed that my most comfortable grip is at the middle or in the lower third, I've been thinking what are the consequencesof these different grip positions, but id like to read what are your experiences in this, if anyone knows something about in single handed I'm interested on in too (on this case id like to point out that I'm interested in the positioning of the hand on the cork rather than the "shape" of the hand, I would think that's another discussion but I might be wrong :O )

Cheers and have a nice day!
rusty
Answers: 0

Re: casting effects of different grip positioning

Post by rusty »

…twelve weight maybe even carbon fibre?
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: casting effects of different grip positioning

Post by Paul Arden »

Hi Vicente,

It’s definitely a DH discussion because I think the considerations between single and double handed are different here.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Flycasting - 2 handed”