PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

When 10?

Moderators: Paul Arden, stesiik

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: When 10?

Post by Paul Arden »

It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
whinging pom
Answers: 0

Post by whinging pom »

Can’t open the NZ herald link
The Duffer of the Brook !

Nothing is Impossible: :???: I do Nothing everyday .
VGB

Post by VGB »

Probably because there’s an age bar 😀
“Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius — and a lot of courage — to move in the opposite direction.” — Ernst F. Schumacher

https://www.sexyloops.com/index.php/ps/ ... f-coaching
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It must have been quite a sight - a near-naked man careering down a road on a motorised barstool, with his backside on fire.

The New Year stunt landed the contraption's owner, John Sullivan, in trouble with police and last week saw him sentenced to 200 hours' community work.

Sullivan confessed to having "had a few" and said he shouldn't have been on the road on the motorised barstool, which he claimed could reach 80km/h.

The flames come courtesy of one of Mr Sullivan's party tricks, which involves a piece of rolled-up newspaper, a cigarette lighter and ... needless to say, it all backfired.

His Tauranga neighbours didn't see the funny side and called the police.

Sullivan was upset taxpayers' money was spent prosecuting him, but conceded that driving a vehicle with no warrant and no registration was probably pushing the law a bit far.

"One cop wasn't too happy but the other two were laughing their heads off," Sullivan said.

- NZPA
I don’t know why, but the original forum software had “bad word” filter and, of all the words that you can think of, “b.stard” was the only one that was pre installed. I just left it in there at the time to see what would happen. :cool:
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
nicholasfmoore

Post by nicholasfmoore »

Johan wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 9:00 am
nicholasfmoore wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:42 pm Hi Johan,

You don't have to use a #10
Hello Nick. Thank you for your answer! The header of my post "When 10" is kept much shorter than my thoughts. I do consider a rating other than 10. I decided to keep my post simple and hope for nuanced answers. And I much hoped for an answer like yours. I have a feeling that the answer to "10" can be wide. A super stiff 8 or a sloppy 12? My aim is to find a rod to start and develop skills with. And as I have to purchase a rod for this purpose I thought it would be best to ask for insight before purchase. Yesterday one of our top casters recommended me to buy an Epic 1090C building kit. Sounds fun. It may be what I look for.

If you are the "Nick" in the new SexyLoops casting videos I want to say thank you for great instructions.

/Cheers.
Johan in Stockholm
Hi Johan,

Sorry for the late reply! That sounds interesting, certainly i think people should be casting 120' consistently with a relatively softish '#5' rod and a #5 line, then you can have a look at progressing to some of the stiffer rods. I do know what you mean though, it can get quite confusing! It may be worth taking a tape measure to a local fishing shop. You can see which rod goes the furthest for you with consistency.

That's right, yes! I have made a few casting videos with Paul, i'm glad they helped!

All the best

Nick
Nick M

"Memento Piscantur Saepe" :upside:

Return to “Flycasting”