PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

line lubricants vs

Moderators: Viking Lars, Magnus

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Re: line lubricants vs

Post by Paul Arden »

If I make $10/bottle, which would be very high, especially with bottles and labels, so more like $5 but we’ll call it $10, and assuming the WCs costs me $5000 (the US team are budgeting more than this but I could sleep under someone’s car, or on the beach) then I only need to sell 500 bottles.

On average it takes about 10 minutes to organise an international shipment in Malaysia, for each package. Which means 83hrs and 20 minutes of sending packages while standing in the post office.

83hrs is about a week of fishing full time. That could be me missing out on a 7, 8, maybe even 10KG Snakehead.

We must all make sacrifices in life, apparently, but a 10KG Snakehead is a hell of a sacrifice to make!

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
Lasse Karlsson
Answers: 0

Post by Lasse Karlsson »

A possible 10 kg snakehead, or a lumiline fight in Sweden at night?

Yeah, I'd take the snakehead too :D
Your friendly neighbourhood flyslinger

Flycasting, so simple that instructors need to make it complicated since 1685

Got a Q++ at casting school, wearing shorts ;)
Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

It’s fine when you are sponsored and all you have to do is train. But when it costs you 5 grand plus two weeks of potential earnings, then it’s quite a large pill.
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions

Return to “Tackle”