PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

NZ South Island

Moderator: Haggisboy

Haggisboy
Answers: 0

NZ South Island

Post by Haggisboy »

Hey Guys,

Just sticking some feelers out about contacts for the SI. My stepfather is heading to the SI between December 2013 and March 2014 staying with friends in Christchurch for an extended break following a pretty grim past 12 months. I guess I am looking for contacts that he may be able to hook up with for a fish or a beer or both down that way. He has no real plans at present besides getting there. Any thoughts on places he maybeable to rent a room or the likes close to decent fishing would be good. I think he is a bit old for manshit camps in the middle of nowhere... and thoughts on renting vs buying a car would be cool.

On another note, if I can get time I would like to tie him a few flies so suggestions of patterns (drys and numphs) would be appreciated.

Any info welcomed.

Thanks in advance.

Campbell
scotty9

NZ South Island

Post by scotty9 »

Are you at the BFCC on Sunday? If so I'll try and give you as much info as I can.

Re the car, cars are very cheap over there, I'd be looking to pick up something cheap, use it the 4 months then sell it on.
Haggisboy

NZ South Island

Post by Haggisboy »

hey,

Unfortunately I will not be at the BFCC, I have to host a birthday party for a 3 year old. At least she wanted a fishing rod this year for her Birthday :pirate:
Chris Dore

NZ South Island

Post by Chris Dore »

Happy to meet up for a beer one evening and talk a bit of fishing / give him some direction. Im sure Scotty and Paul can attest, Im not too a bad host :D

Re cars: buy one. A subaru station wagon - awd will coast maybe 2k with a current wof and reg. he wont need a 4wd for 90% of fishing here. Check out www.trademe.co.nz and get it AA checked to make sure its not about to fall apart.

If he's about Queenstown call me. I have a very full on summer ahead but will be back in town regularly.
Haggisboy

NZ South Island

Post by Haggisboy »

Hi Chris,

That's very generous. I will make sure to pass on your details.

Thanks for the heads up on the car front.

Campbell
Chris Dore

NZ South Island

Post by Chris Dore »

Return to “Manshit”