PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

how often do you get robbed?

Moderator: Paul Arden

Paul Arden
Site Admin
Answers: 2

Post by Paul Arden »

There's not a hell of a lot you can do about it and in the scale of things it's not the end of the world. As an adult I think on average I have a house or car broken into every second or third year. Twice in Australia, once in NZ, twice in Malaysia, twice in Hungary and three times in UK.

So I've just had my car broken into and there's a couple of things that come and go; satnav, toolkit etc. But the bastards took my running shoes and a sleeping bag FFS. Who the fuck has feet my size in Malaysia? They wouldn't have stolen them if I was running as much as I should be, I know that.

Anyway makes me realise I have to be a bit more conscious about these things. It's always going to happen, you just have to try to manage the inconvenience.

Any great security tips? In Hungary I have an alarm and 24/7 security cameras.

Cheers, Paul
It's an exploration; bring a flyrod.

Flycasting Definitions
David Anderson
Answers: 0

Post by David Anderson »

I've had cars broken into at home or out 4 or 5 times here in Oz.
The worst was a daylight smash and grab while I was at a job where the thieves got a full bag of camera gear worth over 30K.
Luckily I was insured and everything was replaced.
A couple weeks back some one stole a laser measuring device out of my wives car and then went across the road and broke into our neighbours house, grabbed their car keys and a bag and tried to bolt with their car.
Luckily, Frenchie is a forward in the excellent local rugby team and managed to scare them off.
The cops arrested three kids the next day, 13,13 and 16.
http://www.twigwater.com My fly fishing blog.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

I was in Barcelona a few years back outside the gothic cathedral, in the busiest tourist place imaginable, when I noticed a guy whip out a small crowbar and break into a car window. I think, "This is not his car!" I quickly find a security guard and we intercept him after he's broken into yet another car and walking back with a carrier bag of phones. No question this particular bloke was a heroin user. I couldn't believe the audacity.

I actually had a car tyre slashed there a few years later. They slash your tyres, two guys offer to help repair the flat and a girl pinches your stuff while it's going on. Fortunately I had driven off to fill up with petrol before I realised the situation - I say fortunately because I didn't know the score then, but the police showed me four knife cuts and explained it. I slept in the car that night, because I had my stuff in it and no wheel unlocking nut (of course) and that night a van pulls up in the dark, but as soon as they see me in the back they scarper. Anyway, I haven't had a 30K hit.

How are you Dave? Long time since we've hooked up!

Cheers, Paul

Flycasting Definitions
peterbear

Post by peterbear »

Ever time I go to buy a new fly rod .
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

:D

Flycasting Definitions
Viking Lars

Post by Viking Lars »

Audacity - totally favourite English Word:-).

L
t.z.

Post by t.z. »

every month ... it´s called income tax
Lee Cummings

Post by Lee Cummings »

t.z. wrote:every month ... it´s called income tax
Same here, always on the 15th and from now until im 65.
Paul Arden
Site Admin

Post by Paul Arden »

My favourite English word is "Cunt".

Flycasting Definitions
Glenda

Post by Glenda »

Now, now Paul......although from what you've written, it could be used on numerous occasions with justification!
"my biggest worry is that when I am dead and gone my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it". ......Koos Brandt

Return to “Announcements”