PLEASE NOTE: In order to post on the Board you need to have registered. To register please email paul@sexyloops.com including your real name and username. Registration takes less than 24hrs, unless Paul is fishing deep in the jungle!

Epoxy and UV resins

Moderator: Viking Lars

askel
Answers: 0

Epoxy and UV resins

Post by askel »

I hope it's never too late :)

UV resins have unique properties and bring fly tying to a next level. This kind of technique is really difficult if possible to achieve using epoxy. They are not just epoxy replacement.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbE5XxJgKWY[/youtube]
t.z.

Epoxy and UV resins

Post by t.z. »

We made the experience that only one actually finishes without being sticky at the end. We used all sorts of lamps and tricks, and finally ended up with a "oven" type lamp which ie very strong. These lamps are used for fingernails. One puts the hand inside. The best resin was the cheapest one we go ... bug off - Virtual Nymph Products sells it. The other more expensive stuff isn´t worth the cost.

... and believe me - Konstanse knows nail-polish inside out
Geenomad

Epoxy and UV resins

Post by Geenomad »

[quote="t.z." The best resin was the cheapest one we go ... bug off -[/quote]

Ditto T.Z. Only one I have tried and it works well for me. Sets without tack using a cheapy purple lazer pointer.

Oh and a PS to earlier comments about Z-poxy. After a couple of years and a hot summer just past I now have a lot of flies with discoloured heads.

Cheers
Mark
"The line of beauty is the result of perfect economy." R. W. Emerson.
https://thecuriousflycaster.com
askel

Epoxy and UV resins

Post by askel »

t.z. wrote:We made the experience that only one actually finishes without being sticky at the end. We used all sorts of lamps and tricks, and finally ended up with a "oven" type lamp which ie very strong. These lamps are used for fingernails. One puts the hand inside. The best resin was the cheapest one we go ... bug off - Virtual Nymph Products sells it. The other more expensive stuff isn´t worth the cost.

... and believe me - Konstanse knows nail-polish inside out
Hey. I'm not sure it was reply to my post.

I tried Tuffleye, Loon UV, Clear Cure Go, Solarez... None was perfect. I do use Tuffleye with their Tuffleye finish (which is most likely is just an overpriced clear nail polish). Solarez makes it most tack-free but it wasn't what I need. I'm still waiting for a better solution for a great demand.
queenfish

Epoxy and UV resins

Post by queenfish »

Same as Geenomad.
I used to dry it with sally hansons nail polish before.
Now with Purple laser dries without tackiness.

Return to “Flytying”